We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is this restaurant called and where is it?

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
94 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
What is this restaurant called and where is it?

I visited the Amalfi Coast back in 2005 and our driver took us to a restaurant far up in the hills above one of the towns - I would love to visit this restaurant again this year and I was wondering if anyone can tell me which restaurant it is and where it is. I only hae vague photos - and I know this is a long shot but I have posted the only photos I took here on our company website - if you have any ideas I would be most grateful. I am thinking this might be Montepertuso area?

worcester-marketing.co.uk/amalfi-coast.php

I am not sure if you can tell who the chef is in photo 4, but they had this amazing grill and put platters of meat and fish on each table. It was a superb meal and I'ld like to go there again! Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Mentioned in this post
Amalfi Coast
Amalfi Coast
Campania, Italy
13 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
44,154 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What is this restaurant called and where is it?

Seems there is only one restaurant there, according to TA:

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g1996592-d…

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
94 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is this restaurant called and where is it?

Hi - thanks I looked at that review, but the type of food they serve doesn't seem to match up to what we had there - mainly meat and fish platters in the centre of tables. I may be wrong and it may not be Montepertuso. It is such a long shot I know. I've tried to find the details of the tour guide who took us there, but no luck. They were mainly locals there, I was hoping someone might recognise the man / chef in pic 4 perhaps.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
44,154 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What is this restaurant called and where is it?

hmmm....mystery.

This look familiar:

latagliata.com/en/photogallery_restaurant_po…

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is this restaurant called and where is it?

Forgot I had this - perhaps it's amongst these:

incampania.com/assets/…20Salerno.pdf

Wider one - for all the "starred" restaurants in Campania's various provinces - here...

incampania.com/assets/…20stellati.pdf

Peter

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is this restaurant called and where is it?

But on finally looking at your photos, Gail, that much meat must merit a name like "La Tagliata" - and one can perhaps even convince oneself that it's written on some of the plates?

20/20 hindsight!

Peter

Mentioned in this post
La Tagliata
La Tagliata
4,208 Reviews
Positano, Italy
Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
94 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is this restaurant called and where is it?

The mystery deepens - Looking at the plates - I have managed to zoom in to see what is written on them and it appears to be - on one there is the word 'positano' and on the other plate it has a word - Elisir and then the spoon covers part of the next word. I have put a close up of this on the website as per the first post. I have found a pottery company called 'Elisir di Positano' (http://www.elisirdipositano.it) and they list a restaurant called 'La Tagliata' - which is one suggested by MomCat1992.

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
94 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is this restaurant called and where is it?

OK, I am thrilled to bits now.... I have just zoomed in on the photos I have and the grill photo held the key. I looked at the website mentioned by MomCat1992

latagliata.com/en/photogallery_restaurant_po…

AND the Grill - matches the one in my photo. I have put the photos on the web again so you can see - worcester-marketing.co.uk/amalfi-coast.php

The last two pics. The top one is my photo and the bottom one is the one I have just copied from Latagliata website. I am sure you will agree, this is it!!!

How amazing. Thank you I am thrilled. Brilliant piece of detective work with your help

Gail

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
94 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is this restaurant called and where is it?

Sorry pressing the submit button too quickly the restaurant La Tagliata suggested by two people sorry - also suggested by Peter - so thank you as well

Mentioned in this post
La Tagliata
La Tagliata
4,208 Reviews
Positano, Italy
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is this restaurant called and where is it?

We've all done it!

P

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
44,154 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: What is this restaurant called and where is it?

The Sherlock Holmes Society of TA solves another one....

Reply to: What is this restaurant called and where is it?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Montepertuso