We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Memmingen to Oberstaufen by train?????????

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
Memmingen to Oberstaufen by train?????????

Is there anyone who can help me to find out how to get from Memmingen airport to Oberstaufen by train? I am traveling early January.Thank you

5 replies to this topic
Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
1 review
1. Re: Memmingen to Oberstaufen by train?????????

Look at www.bahn.de. There is an English version on this website of the Deutsche Bahn (German RR).

Tains run about every hour, and take about 1 hour, give and take 10 m inutes.

Some of the trains don't require a change in Kempten, some do.

Check in Memmingen if you still can get the special rate of about EUR 13; if not, you can always use the Bayernkarte (Bavarian ticket) for EUR 22 for one person, EUR28 for up to 5 people travelling on the same ticket. Check "Search" for details (limitations) on this ticket.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Memmingen to Oberstaufen by train?????????

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

To: Oberstaufen

The bus from the airport to Memmingen costs EUR 2.50/person and is not included in Bavaria-ticket.

The train from Memmingen to Oberstaufen costs EUR 13.90/person. If you are 3-5 persons you can buy a Bavaria-ticket (EUR 29 if bought online or at DB-ticket automats, EUR 31 if bought at he counter). Bavaria-ticket is valid from Monday to Sunday for one day of your choice from 9 a.m. until 3 a.m. of the following day on Saturday and Sunday and bank holidays from 0 a.m. until 3 a.m. of the following day. It can be used on all local trains only

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
3. Re: Memmingen to Oberstaufen by train?????????

Thank you so much. The Info was very helpful.

My husband keeps asking to hire a car.What would you advice me? The hotel we are staying is 2 km away from Oberstaufen.We gonna carry 1 large suitcase only.Thanks

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
1 review
4. Re: Memmingen to Oberstaufen by train?????????

Oberstaufen is a small town, quite compact. And it does have taxis. There are several places you can visit from Oberstaufen by train or bus as a day trip - - - Lindau, Oberstdorf, Fuessen ( a bit of a long day, but doable). There are also many hikes in the Oberstaufen area. So, unless you like the independence of a car, there really is no NEED for a car in Oberstaufen.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
5. Re: Memmingen to Oberstaufen by train?????????

Thank u all. The holiday was fantastic.Finally we rented a car. What so ever the Bergkristall Hotel is the best ever place we stayed. I will Highly recommend it to anyone.

Reply to: Memmingen to Oberstaufen by train?????????
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Oberstaufen