We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ski school and rental shops..

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Ski school and rental shops..

Hi,

I’ve booked a short break in Les Gets at the start of January and am looking for recommendations for ski rental shops & service shops (missus will be renting, I’ll need my board servicing) and private ski instruction. This will be my OH’s second week skiing, and having had a disappointing experience with group lessons in Borovets at the start of the year, will need some private tuition to make her comfortable on the blues, ready for a week in St Anton next year.

Cheers!

2 replies to this topic
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ski school and rental shops..

Hey Dave,

Just wondering how you got on with the rental side of things when you were in Les Gets - just booked a long weekend in the beginning of Feb and was wondering where you rented the equipment from and how was your experience with them?

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ski school and rental shops..

In the end I booked with https://www.skimium.co.uk/.

They have 2 shops which are next door to each other and at the foot of the main lifts.

Staff and Service were great, and you can store your gear at the shop if you hire from them, to save lugging it back to the chalet every night. (Even though we didn't hire boots, we kept them there for a couple of days too) Non hired gear can be stored for €5 a day

Prices were good online, and equipment seemed decent, although we only hired the beginner pack for my partner who is just starting out.

Overall would have no concern in recommending them.

The "Planet Gliss" shop seems to be a bit cheaper than the "SkiFun" shop which I thought was because Planet Gliss would be in a less favourable location. turns out it next door!

You get a 5% discount if you have a Decathalon card, plus they're doing an extra 5% off if you book this weekend with the code "Neige18"

On an entirely separate note, If you're flying through Geneva Airport, its the most expensive airport I've ever been through! More than €8 for 2 x 500ml bottles of coke, and €3.5 for a cup of tea....

Reply to: Ski school and rental shops..
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Les Gets