We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gudvangen to Voss bus via Stalheim Q?

Australia
Level Contributor
129 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Gudvangen to Voss bus via Stalheim Q?

In a previous post I mentioned staying 2 nights in Flam. Upon leaving Flam, If I decide to book the Ferry from Flam to Gudvangen at a time that coincides with the "Norway in a Nutshell" Tour, will this guarantee me a seat on the bus that goes up to the Stalheim hotel and on the hairpin bends before arriving in Voss?

Is it possible there are more people on the Ferry than available seats on the Bus? This would mean I may run in to trouble traveling to Voss on the NIN Bus, before returning to Bergen on the train?

Thanks in advance

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gudvangen to Voss bus via Stalheim Q?

You can see which buses go via Stalheim by looking at the time table (p. 46): https:/…linje_900-950.pdf

There is no reason to worry about getting a seat, the bus company will provide more than one bus if necessary.

Australia
Level Contributor
129 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gudvangen to Voss bus via Stalheim Q?

Thanks iverh for the reply

a couple of things

1) I am looking at page 46 of the timetable, which shows the buses with the a stop at Stalheim hotel. Do these buses use the winding roads with the hairpin bends? ie only one road leading to Stalheim from Gudvungen?

2) Previous information I have received has indicated that you pay the driver when boarding the bus. Would the bus company always know numbers boarding the bus and requirements for extra buses?

Thanks again

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
32,728 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gudvangen to Voss bus via Stalheim Q?

1) Yes

2) Yes

Australia
Level Contributor
129 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gudvangen to Voss bus via Stalheim Q?

Thanks klimaflyktning

Kansas City
Level Contributor
46 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gudvangen to Voss bus via Stalheim Q?

I have a related question: I'm going to be staying one night at the Stalheim. I hoped to take the 9:10 AM Train from Voss to Oslo (June 24). Based on what I see on SKyss and on the Stalheim website, it doesn't look like there's an early enough bus to get me there. Is there another way to get to the train station in VOSS? Thanks -

Oslo
Level Contributor
17,098 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gudvangen to Voss bus via Stalheim Q?

Skyss does not give any info after 19th June, but current timetable says first bus at 6.30 or 7.30 at Stalheim (at the main road, not at the hotel).

If there is no bus, taxi is the only option, rather expensive

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gudvangen to Voss bus via Stalheim Q?

Stalheim Hotel offers a complimentary shuttle service to the main road, so should not be a problem as long as you arrange this the day before.

http://www.en.stalheim.com/schedules/

Edited: 07 April 2016, 23:58
Kansas City
Level Contributor
46 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gudvangen to Voss bus via Stalheim Q?

Ah, thanks. I was searching from the wrong Gudvangen stop. I'm sure the hotel will get me to the road. Perfect! Thanks.

9. Re: Gudvangen to Voss bus via Stalheim Q?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2017, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Gudvangen