We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips to Stromboli Volcano

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Day trips to Stromboli Volcano

Next summer my friend and I are planning a trip to Sicily, we are going to be on a coach holiday . We would like to take a day trip to Stromboli volcano and take the evening boat trip to watch the eruptions. We were wondering are there trips available from all over Sicily or does it depend on where you are staying as to whether or not you can get on a trip? A lot of coach companies stay on the outskirts of towns rather than the centre and we wanted to go off and do 'our own thing' on one day and see the volcano but we won't have a car so need to be picked and collected if possible?Appreciate any advice anyone can give? Thank you

5 replies to this topic
Milazzo, Italy
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Day trips to Stromboli Volcano

828wendyb,

there are tours that go to Stromboli, departing from Milazzo. Where would you be staying?

Ciao

Carolyn

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Day trips to Stromboli Volcano

Hi Thanks for your reply. I don't know yet where we will be staying , that's why I am wondering if there are trips from anywhere in Sicily or whether only from certain places?

Thank you

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
1,14,497 posts
3. Re: Day trips to Stromboli Volcano

Only from certain places....

Most transport doesn't run late.

So if Stromboli is your focus, obviously first consider an overnight on Stromboli, then Lipari, and then Milazzo.

Vagabonda

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: Day trips to Stromboli Volcano

Thank you for the information, we now know which areas we need to look at staying in.

Thanks again

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
1,14,497 posts
5. Re: Day trips to Stromboli Volcano

Prego e buon viaggio 828wendyb!

Vagabonda

Reply to: Day trips to Stromboli Volcano
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted