We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connections from Prato to Florence, Siena, Pisa..

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
3 posts
Save Topic
Connections from Prato to Florence, Siena, Pisa..

Hi everyone! I plan to stay in Prato for few days and visit the Tuscany cities from there (Florence, Siena, Pisa). I need all informations about the best connections, timetables and ticket prices for trains, bus etc.. from Prato to these cities? Whether it is a good connection with the cities?

Edited: 20 April 2015, 17:46
Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,967 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Connections from Prato to Florence, Siena, Pisa..

For trains until June 13 see www.trenitalia.com entering your 'hour' of departure e.g. '7' for 07.00 and looking for Prato Centrale to Firenze S. M. Novella, Siena and Pisa Centrale. To see all fares, use a date this week. Buy Regional tickets in italy, and validate (time/date-stamp) before boarding.

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Connections from Prato to Florence, Siena, Pisa..

Thank you very much! Is there any bus directly from Prato, or it is train the best solution?

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,967 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Connections from Prato to Florence, Siena, Pisa..

There are buses to Florence here capautolinee.it/Linee_e_Orari/…173

No buses from Prato to Siena and Pisa, though bus from Florence to Siena is a good option.

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Connections from Prato to Florence, Siena, Pisa..

Ok! Thank you. if I'm right, bus to Siena is s better option then train, because of the bus arrive in the centre of Siena.

Actually, me and my wife will stay in Prato, and will have only two days for visit local cities in Tuscany. We plan to visit Florence necessarily, and Siena or Pisa - or both if possible for such short time? Maybe do some combination like: 1) first day in Florence, and second day both Siena and Pisa, or 2) first day visit both Florence and Pisa (each of them by 4-5 hours approx. for sightseeing) and second day in Siena. Or some third option.. But I'm not sure if possible to visit all three places in two days at all, because it depends on the transportation and the distance between those cities?

Edited: 22 April 2015, 16:41
5. Re: Connections from Prato to Florence, Siena, Pisa..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2017, 13:47
Get answers to your questions about Prato