We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SITA direct bus from Naples to Positano?

Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
SITA direct bus from Naples to Positano?

There used to be a SITA bus running from Varco Immacolatella in Naples direct to Positano, at 8:45 and 9:10.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g194863-i286-k6847…

I don't see any info about the bus on the current SITA timetable. Does anyone have info on if it is still running?

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SITA direct bus from Naples to Positano?

That route was still going in early 2010 - twice daily in one direction, once in the other, weekdays only... by that winter it was down to one and one, and now seems to have gone completely!

Think you'll find that this is as close as you can get these days...

sitasudtrasporti.it/public/…5020.pdf

Also not on Sundays, nor public holidays!

Peter

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SITA direct bus from Naples to Positano?

PS... That's scenic but, at 2 hours only as far as Amalfi and a change there for another 50 minutes on a second SITA bus to Positano, rather protracted?

Except during the current temporary diversion caused by a landslip (*), it would usually be quicker to take the CV train to Sorrento and then a SITA bus the rest of the way...

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/image/132567370

sitasudtrasporti.it/public/…5070.pdf

(*) This will no doubt end eventually, but if travelling over the next few days....

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g194863-i286-k53…

Peter

Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SITA direct bus from Naples to Positano?

Thanks for the replies.

It seems like Positano is a popular tourist destination and judging by the hotels that are fully booked, I am guessing a lot of people visit Positano.

Which makes it confusing as to why it is so hard to get there. Right now, the only two options I see are to spend 100 euros on a private car or take my luggage on a commuter train from Naples and transfer to a bus.

There really should be a more direct method to get here. But it doesn't seem like the direct bus still runs. And the ferry seems to be in question.

You'd think with this many tourists (obviously coming from Naples), there would be more options.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,111 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: SITA direct bus from Naples to Positano?

Yet, somehow the crowds still manage to make it. It would be nice if there was a more direct route that wasn't so pricey but people by the thousands take the public transportation and arrive there.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SITA direct bus from Naples to Positano?

I'm not sure quite what sort of metropolis you're expecting Positano to be, but they've about 1800 hotel beds, and a population of some 4000...

Whilst stamping your feet about what there really should be may achieve little, giving an idea of when they might expect your visit would at least make assisting you somewhat easier!

Peter

6. Re: SITA direct bus from Naples to Positano?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 08:48