We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting around Positano by shuttle bus?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
105 posts
1 review
Save Topic
getting around Positano by shuttle bus?

I read on one forum that there is bus that takes up to top restaurants or just to have a look. Does it stop at other sites up the hill to save walking (not lazy just get problems too many steps at once.) We are staying at the beach level.

Thanks

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: getting around Positano by shuttle bus?

There are shuttle buses that take you to restaurants in the hills above Positano; I don't think they stop or take you just for a view.

There is also a public bus service:

http://www.flaviogioia.com/

Melbourne
Level Contributor
105 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: getting around Positano by shuttle bus?

Thanks are thes buses arranged by Hotel or do you just go to a central point and get off at the restaurant you wish. Thanks for the link as well.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: getting around Positano by shuttle bus?

You call or have your hotel call the restaurant of your choice - Da Costantino, La Tagliata, Donna Rosa or Il Ritrovo - and they tell you where and when they will pick you up.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,118 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: getting around Positano by shuttle bus?

There is the interno bus that toodles around the loop of Positano taking you from higher up in the village (but not above the coast road; only within the village itself) down to a lower point in the village - which you will likely find useful after dinner or a long day at the beach, if your hotel is higher up in the village.

It doesn't (because it can't as there is no road) get you right down to the seaside level, but close so your walk down to the beach is less than if you started at the top of the village.

Gad - I hope that makes some sense. Anyway, it is a smallish orange bus that does the loop on the one way road inside the village.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: getting around Positano by shuttle bus?

And this, stuck together from bits of the local bus company's website, may be of some use?

pbase.com/isolaverde/image/130455122/original

Peter

Edited: 25 February 2011, 20:49
6. Re: getting around Positano by shuttle bus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 April 2012, 02:05
7. Re: getting around Positano by shuttle bus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 April 2012, 02:05
Positano
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
972 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: getting around Positano by shuttle bus?

The Flavio Gioia Positano orange bus also goes up into the mountains to Montepertuso and Nocelle; to Praiano the neighbouring town and to the Garitta where there is a scenic 'belevedere' view point.

With this public bus you can get off at any bus stop in town. you can catch it at any point too though at the Mulini bus stop right at the bottom it tends to fill up.

old bridge,new...
Level Contributor
693 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: getting around Positano by shuttle bus?

Just did this trip, no matter what you will have to walk up the steps from beach level to their so called square near the church to catch the orange bus. The bus to get to la tag IATA or il ritrovo will say montelpuloso/ nacelle. Due to construction, we had to take two buses each way. The orange bus will drop you off at both restaurants. I called La Tagliata to get us with their shuttle for lunch and they said they only do dinner. so we went to the last stop which was Nocelle and ate at Santa Croce, also with beautiful views, great food and service...

Milan, Italy
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: getting around Positano by shuttle bus?

http://www.positanoshuttle.com/

These guys are great, EU35 one way per person, I used them for picking up my mother from Naples Train Station and taking her straight to her door of her hotel in Positano.

They do all sorts of transfers around Positano I think, check out their website.