We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus Positano-Praiano

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Bus Positano-Praiano

Hello!

I'm getting a ferrry from Capri to Positano on a Thursday, this month. It should arrive around 18.30h. I then need to get to Hotel Villa Bellavista – Via Rezzola, 47, 84010 Praiano.

So, I need to catch the SitaSud 5070 Sorrento-Positano-Amalfi, right?

The trouble is, when I check the schedule of that bus ( sitabus.it/5070_amalfi-sorrento_dal130616/#c… ) , I only see the stops Positano, and then Praiano.

Does the bus stop in other places in between? And if so, what bus stop should I get off? Google maps says Caprigliano, 86 :D

Thanks in advance!

6 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
45,246 posts
1. Re: Bus Positano-Praiano

This says the name of the stop you want - tell the bus driver when you board -

villabellavista.it/en/how-to-reach-us.html

Coto de Caza...
Destination Expert
for Amalfi Coast
Level Contributor
3,050 posts
23 reviews
2. Re: Bus Positano-Praiano

Bellavista is located on Via Rezzola which is a pedestrian pathway below the main SS163 roadway. The steps are located just beyond San Gennaro church and directly across from "Sparkling" bar right where Via G Marconi branches off from SS163. I would look at a google map on streetview and zoom in on the location in order to get my bearings for landmarks.

Regarding the SITA bus from Positano: if you are arriving Positano by ferry you will walk up Via Cristoforo Colombo to the "Sponda" stop to find the bus. There will most likely be a large crowd of people waiting for that bus. Enroute to that stop you will pass through Piazza dei Mulini. There is a stop there for the small "Mobility Amalfi Coast" bus that goes to Praiano. If you do not have more than a small carry-on bag you could most likely catch that bus which is typically easier to board. Tickets are available at the tabacchi shop located at the far end of the piazza alongside Via Pasitea. For schedules go to Facebook and type "Mobility Amalfi Coast" in the search box.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Bus Positano-Praiano

Thank you so much for your detailed response! It is so helpful, thank you.

So, the ticket for the bus is not sold directly by the driver? It is always necessary to buy it in the tabacchi shop?

I only have a camping bag,45*40*20cm, do you think they would allow it in that smaller bus?

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Bus Positano-Praiano

Oh thank you MomCat1992, I really couldn't find it anywhere!

Edited: 08 June 2018, 03:14
Coto de Caza...
Destination Expert
for Amalfi Coast
Level Contributor
3,050 posts
23 reviews
5. Re: Bus Positano-Praiano

Yes, sorry, I forgot, on the small Mobility bus you can buy onboard. But if you decide on SITA instead you cannot buy on board, I am fairly certain.

Yes you should be fine with the small bag on the Mobility bus.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Bus Positano-Praiano

Thank you so much for your kind help, @pnaj!!

Reply to: Bus Positano-Praiano
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted