We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort of Milano Marrittima

Essex
Level Contributor
157 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Resort of Milano Marrittima

Does anyone know anything about this resort? I am thinking of booking the Galia Hotel which looks great in the Citalia brochure and describes the resort as exclusive. Can anyone tell me anything about it? I am travelling with my husband and two small children. Thanks

Mansfield U.K.
Level Contributor
1,480 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort of Milano Marrittima

Ask Agatha, it's on her patch and it dos'nt look like anyone has been !

In the Michelin it lists 12 4* hotels ! and that is always a good sign in Italy, they thrive on competition.

I will watch this space with interest.

Bob.

harrow
Level Contributor
600 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort of Milano Marrittima

Milano M is a nice resort although exclusive is perhaps not the word I would use.

But hey that all depends on what is exclusive to one may not be to another.

Lots of good bars and all very trendy too.

Great shops and yes you will find all the major designer lables there.

Very popular with Italian footballers who frequent the nightclubs there.

London
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resort of Milano Marrittima

I thought this resort was lovely - very chic especially compared to brashy Rimini. Beach is better than Rimini as well. Good for young people as there are lots of trendy bars and beach parties on the weekend. Resort can be quiet in the week as it is much smaller than nearby resorts. The hotel I stayed in was full of families and the children seemed to be having a great time at the beach, parks, bike riding, etc. Food was excellent.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,277 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resort of Milano Marrittima

My wife and I had a very pleasant holiday staying at a beachside hotel right in the south of Milano Marittima, almost in Cervia. Indeed we had several evening meals in a pleasant restaurant in Cervia. Very fresh fish unloaded in front of us from a boat moored in the little canal in front of the restaurant.

There is a wide sandy beach which I would have thought ideal for children.

We made two forays into Ravenna from the station at Cervia on the coastal line north to Ravenna.

forli
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Resort of Milano Marrittima

Hello!

To me there s only 1 real resort in Milano Marittima and that s the hotel Mare Pineta. All the other are simply hotel abusing the world "resort". Mare Pineta has 35.000 sq meters 10 tennis courts and the hugest beach of the whole adriatic coast.

Check it out!

Anyway Gallia is a nice hotel for sure in the top 5 in Milano Marittima but not a resort.

Ciao

Paolo

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resort of Milano Marrittima

If you are travelling with two small children I would advise you to go to the Mare e Pineta Hotel which would be perfect. The beach is across a main road, however, so the children could not go alone... The amenities at the hotel for families with children are great!

Carpi, Italy
Level Contributor
141 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Resort of Milano Marrittima

gallia looks great...but i have always looked at it from outside!

nicely located, anyway: very very very close to the beach, and in a quiet place.

london
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Resort of Milano Marrittima

We have been going to Milano Maritima for the last six summers and love it. I also went here as a child. It is a real buket and spade holiday but my kids (now 14 and 11) always look forward to going back. We stay at a hotel called the Aurelia. The food is fantastic - we go full board and come home stones heavier but very happy! The town is very busy at night. We normally go for a walk through the bustling town and have an ice cream, play mini golf or go to one of the night/antique markets. The kids either come with, play board games in the hotel or go on bikes around the town. the weather has always been supberb, the beaches fantastically maintained and as I say, the food supberb. Think about it for your next holiday.

london
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Resort of Milano Marrittima

we went with 2 young children and stayed at the palace hotel (supposedly 5 star). we would not go back again. when the weather is bad (and we had 6 days of rain this august) there is nothing to do - the hotels don't have any indoor pools or activities and the town is dead.

the hotels are very expensive and not good value. apart from the palace they are old and look tired.

as for the beach even the hotels on the beah side of the road (the palace and aurelia) are not actually on the beach - you have to cross an unmade dirt track with potholes. the track is used for deliveries to the hotels and beaches and houses all the bins and rubbish for the hotels. The hotels don't tell you that. So not ideal with small children as we found out.

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
3,530 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Resort of Milano Marrittima

Really need to consider where to go with young children and work out what you are looking for.

Seasonal resorts in Italy and Milano M is one do tend to rely on good weather.-----this year has been a bit odd weather wise in August (as was last season too).

Not many hotels have indoor pools and so makes bad weather va bit of a problem but if you consider that they are mainly open for 5/6 months and over Summer I suppose it's not worth their while.

Many things to do however around Milano M.

Did you take the kids to Mirabilandia?

It's not what I would call dead in August infact very much jumping with clubs etc however with children a different situation altogether.

Get answers to your questions about Milano Marittima