We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding advice and help needed!

LJD
Ireland
Level Contributor
20 posts
Wedding advice and help needed!
Save

I am hoping to get married in Summer 2007 in Maratea through Slow Dreams. Has anyone else gone through Slow Dreams that can reassure me that they are a reputable wedding company? Also, I have been looking at hotels and villas on their website and I have no idea wherer to choose, they all look fabulous! We will have about 16 guests with us and I'm afraid of Maratea being too isolated or "hilly". Can someone advise me on it? You can email me @ lauraanddermo@eircom.net.. thanks a mil!

UK
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
6 reviews
46 helpful votes
1. Re: Wedding advice and help needed!
Save

Hi LJD,

You will find another thread on this type of posting on the Calabria forum which will probably give you lots of replies for your queries... look at 'wedding in Calabria posted by tim618. Or put 'la Rocca Praia a Mare Nolana' into the search facility on the Italy forum. Maratea and Praia are both in the same geographical area.

Maratea is a couple of stops towards Naples from Praia a Mare on the railway line. You can get trains (cheap and frequent) up and down the coast to lots of wonderful places. Also - buses going into the hills - so you can visit unspoilt ancient villages. Maratea (like most of the places along this coastline) has two centres - the seaside town and the hill village... with buses running between. It's a very well known holiday area for Italians although foreign tourists are only just becoming more frequent. Beautiful area, stunning views, congratulations on your wedding.... do enjoy yourselves ! Nolana

Monkstown, Ireland
1 post
2 reviews
9 helpful votes
2. Re: Wedding advice and help needed!
Save

Hi Laura,

K from Dublin here. We just got married via SlowDreams 3 weeks ago in Maratea. They have done an impeccable job for us. Absolutely advise them.

Maratea is not too hilly in terms of walking etc, but it is a 15��������������������������������������������������������������������������������� taxi drive from the beach.

Locations: can only comment on the ones tha I know!

We stayed in the Locanda but we had no guests,

Pro: close to the village, think it is busy there during the summer, shops and entertainment

Cons: far from beach, Maratea village has only a few restaurants, but Locanda has fantastic food.

Think that the Santavenere is a fabulous location:

pro: close to beach and port where there are a few good restaurants

Con:could be expensive (but Locanda is not much more cheap)

I could also recommend thePalazzo Belmonte in St Maria (80 Km north), where we stayed the next four days, fantastic compaouns, great beach, lovely food. Think they do weddings on the ground there.

Cheers, K

BTW: we have a testimonial on Slowdreams site, you can contact us via them, happy to help you and share our experiences, do not want to be googled, so please contact via them etc!!!

LJD
Ireland
Level Contributor
20 posts
3. Re: Wedding advice and help needed!
Save

Thank you for those replies I really appreciate them! Maratea seems beautiful, I think the only thing that makes a little bit wary is the fact that not many people seem to have heard of it..

I was wondering has anyone stayed in Hotel San Diego? I know it seems a bit "resort" like but with amneties like a tennis court, spa facilities and pool, it might be a bit more relaxing for our families if they don't want to travel around too much. It seems lovely on the website, but if anyone has been there I would love to hear your views on it.

Bill in Slow Dreams recommended Hotel Villa Sirio, has anyone stayed there?

Thansk for youe help!

Cork Ireland
11 posts
4. Re: Wedding advice and help needed!
Save

Hi LJD

I can be of great assistance to you having been married in the Maratea region on the 15th Oct. I also used slow-dreams. I have tried to mail you but the server keeps rejecting. I am from Co.Cork so if you want you can contact me at matlane@oceanfree.net.

Regards Punch

ireland
2 posts
1 review
5. Re: Wedding advice and help needed!
Save

hi there, we also want to get married in maratea in oct 2006 & were thinking of either hotel sandiego or hotel martino - if anyone has any advice, we would welcome it. thanks!!

LJD
Ireland
Level Contributor
20 posts
6. Re: Wedding advice and help needed!
Save

REDZADIE - did you get married in Oct in Maratea? I am looking into getting married here next year and would love to speak to people who have been married here already to get their own take on it and to give me advice as I am useless at this!

Anyone who has been married here I would love to hear about the place..

Thank you..

you can email me aswel on laura@ada.ie or lauraanddermo@eircom.net

7. Re: Wedding advice and help needed!

Tripadvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum guidelines.

What are forum guidelines?
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
244 posts
9 reviews
74 helpful votes
8. Re: Wedding advice and help needed!
Save

am shocked to hear this, and am sure there must be some misunderstanding.

This is honestly the only negative report I have ever read about slow dreams. I am so shocked, because Slow Dreams organised our dream wedding, just over one year ago. The wedding went amazingly well, and every member of slow-dreams that we contacted was exceptionally helpful. They went beyond the call of duty as well, when our guests had problems upon arrival. I could not fault Slow Dreams in anyway, and did not begrudge them a single penny, it was still a very cheap wedding, compared to the UK.

I can honestly recommend this company to anybody. If in doubt, have a look at their testimonial page on their website. Many people (myself included) have agreed to be contacted by prospective clients, so there is nothing to stop people writing personally, should they be worried.

Thanks

9. Re: Wedding advice and help needed!

Tripadvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum guidelines.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Maratea
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.