We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wine/food tour?

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
50 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
wine/food tour?

In January, my husband and I booked a cooking and wine tasting class the first week of May with Stile Mediterraneo Cooking School, but just found out that they don't have enough people for the class so it is cancelled. I am so disappointed, as we had arranged our vacation around this (although they told us they would cancel the class if there weren't enough people).

Anyway, now I am trying to figure out if there is something else we can do to learn more about the region's food and wine. I checked with Amazing Table, but they also have no classes while we are there.

Any other suggestions?

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wine/food tour?

Masseria Appide` in Corigliano d'Otranto organizes periodically cooking classes. You will not waste lot of time contacting them.

www.appide.it

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wine/food tour?

There is a company our family used while in Puglia last september that offer a wonderful gourmet adventure! Angela and Andrea from "Path, Walks, Talks and Beyond" are so passionate about everything in Puglia, and showed us a wonderful time. Their expertise and knowledge is first class, and they are just lovely people. Our wine and Olive oil tours were very informative as well as a lot of fun!

Check out my review for a little more info, or better still contacting them will be very worth your while.

Happy planning:)

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
50 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wine/food tour?

dim123, where would I find your review?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wine/food tour?

Angelo Coluccia at Experience Puglia offers various customizable tours and a lot of them include cooking classes. I didn't do that part of his tour last year but he is truly amazing! Also he runs a wine business on the side so you get to visit wineries privately and taste, etc. He will do whatever you want basically. Can't recommend it highly enough!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
115 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wine/food tour?

We took a private cooking class at Piccola Casa in Lecce. It was the BEST thing we did on our whole trip. Antonella, the owner, teaches you to cook a variety of dishes, then you are served in the restaurant by her. Her husband owns a wine company, so the possibilities are limitless of what can come out of this. The restaurant is at Via Bacile 25. Phone is +39 380 12.71.213.

We took the class in the morning, then ate a very long lunch! it is also offered in the afternoon with dinner. It is intimate and relatively inexpensive. 40 euro/person and this includes your meal and wine!

Honestly...wished I could have done a second meal with her.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: wine/food tour?

Hmmm...I see that the StileMediterraneo sisters are presenting cooking classes in Boston, Falmouth and Maine from May 21-28. I'm assuming that they are taking time off before/after those classes before their high season resumes. They have a whirlwind week described on their website, spent presenting in the US.

They advised Zelbee not enough students signed up, and me that their May classes were full, resuming June 8 or 9. Seems like they made other plans in May. Pity they didn't just say that.

Edited: 01 May 2012, 11:10
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: wine/food tour?

Sorry for the late response zelbee, but go into my profile and should be there with others I have done.

Let me know if you cannot find it..

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: wine/food tour?

Hi, Nellie,

This class sounds like fun. Is it hands-on with you also cooking, or is it only watching her cook? Did you go to a market with her, or only take the class in her restaurant?

I like the idea of dinner after an afternoon of cooking, then having a long leisurely dinner. Did you talk with any of the evening participants?

Grazie,

Lana

Lecce, Italy
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: wine/food tour?

Dear Lana,

once again, I am really sorry we were not able to have you with us while you were in Puglia.

Only one of us (Cinzia) was in the US promoting the Mediterranean cuisine of Puglia, the week of May21-28....so that the School could stay open.

Unfortunately it is true that we were fully booked at the end of May/beg of June...and this is why Cinzia could only stay for a few days in the US.

Our groups are very small size and end of May is the beginning of our high season, so that program got filled right away.

Unfortunately we can only take holidays after October, soon after we finish our programs!

Please believe that we would have loved to have you with us.

Our mission is to promote the benefits of the authentic Mediterranean cuisine of Puglia and we love having people who travel to come learn about our culture through our food and wine.

Really hope you enjoyed Puglia.

best wishes,

Cinzia

10. Re: wine/food tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2014, 11:48