We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will bus to Tarquinia be operating on May 1 (holiday)?

san diego, CA
Level Contributor
63 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Will bus to Tarquinia be operating on May 1 (holiday)?

If there are any resident experts around, I would appreciate knowing whether the bus that you catch very near the cruise port, and which takes you to Tarquinia, would operate on a holiday, specifically May 1?

Mentioned in this post
Tarquinia
Tarquinia
Province of Viterbo, Italy
Civitavecchia Cruise Port: Private...
123 Reviews
from US$ 87.10*
Free Cancellation
Shore Excursion to Rome from...
14 Reviews
from US$ 79.20*
Panoramic Tour of Rome by Bus from...
21 Reviews
from US$ 34.90*
Free Cancellation
Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
32,226 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Will bus to Tarquinia be operating on May 1 (holiday)?

Yes, but very infrequently compared to normal weekdays. See the 'festivo' times accessed through here: http://www.cotralspa.it/scarica_orari_new.asp

There are also a few trains http://orario.trenitalia.com/ but Tarquinia station is half an hour's walk away from the centre.

I don't know what the taxi fare would be. Tarquinia is only around a 20 minute drive from Civitavecchia, but a cruise port and a national holiday do not make an auspicious combination for a reasonable fare.

Edited: 05 February 2010, 23:39
Mentioned in this post
Tarquinia
Tarquinia
Civitavecchia
Civitavecchia
Province of Rome, Italy
san diego, CA
Level Contributor
63 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will bus to Tarquinia be operating on May 1 (holiday)?

Perilzia, thank you so much for your prompt reply. Will you please just verify that I have read the holiday schedule correctly? Seems to be the only buses that day from Civavecchia to Tarquinia area will leave at 9:10 AM and 10:35 AM, and the only bus back from Tarquinia back to Civitaveccia on May 1 will leave Tarquinia at 5:45 PM (17:45). Is that right?

thanks again!

Ellie

Mentioned in this post
Tarquinia
Tarquinia
Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Will bus to Tarquinia be operating on May 1 (holiday)?

I would add a note of caution to what Perilizia has written: In my experience, May 1 is often the holiday on which *all* public transportation grinds to a complete and total halt.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
32,226 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Will bus to Tarquinia be operating on May 1 (holiday)?

Only 09.10 out that I can see. And 17.45 back.

If, given Zerlina's cynicism, the guy whose shift it is turns up to work.

san diego, CA
Level Contributor
63 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Will bus to Tarquinia be operating on May 1 (holiday)?

Thanks for all the information. Given the limited schedule on May 1, the possibility unreliability of that one return, and the facts that shops will be closed, I think we will pass on this and do something else our day in port.

Ellie

6. Re: Will bus to Tarquinia be operating on May 1 (holiday)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2010, 12:47