We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will bus to Tarquinia be operating on May 1 (holiday)?

san diego, CA
Level Contributor
63 posts
31 reviews
Will bus to Tarquinia be operating on May 1 (holiday)?

If there are any resident experts around, I would appreciate knowing whether the bus that you catch very near the cruise port, and which takes you to Tarquinia, would operate on a holiday, specifically May 1?

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
33,022 posts
1. Re: Will bus to Tarquinia be operating on May 1 (holiday)?

Yes, but very infrequently compared to normal weekdays. See the 'festivo' times accessed through here: http://www.cotralspa.it/scarica_orari_new.asp

There are also a few trains http://orario.trenitalia.com/ but Tarquinia station is half an hour's walk away from the centre.

I don't know what the taxi fare would be. Tarquinia is only around a 20 minute drive from Civitavecchia, but a cruise port and a national holiday do not make an auspicious combination for a reasonable fare.

Edited: 05 February 2010, 23:39
san diego, CA
Level Contributor
63 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: Will bus to Tarquinia be operating on May 1 (holiday)?

Perilzia, thank you so much for your prompt reply. Will you please just verify that I have read the holiday schedule correctly? Seems to be the only buses that day from Civavecchia to Tarquinia area will leave at 9:10 AM and 10:35 AM, and the only bus back from Tarquinia back to Civitaveccia on May 1 will leave Tarquinia at 5:45 PM (17:45). Is that right?

thanks again!

Ellie

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
3. Re: Will bus to Tarquinia be operating on May 1 (holiday)?

I would add a note of caution to what Perilizia has written: In my experience, May 1 is often the holiday on which *all* public transportation grinds to a complete and total halt.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
33,022 posts
4. Re: Will bus to Tarquinia be operating on May 1 (holiday)?

Only 09.10 out that I can see. And 17.45 back.

If, given Zerlina's cynicism, the guy whose shift it is turns up to work.

san diego, CA
Level Contributor
63 posts
31 reviews
5. Re: Will bus to Tarquinia be operating on May 1 (holiday)?

Thanks for all the information. Given the limited schedule on May 1, the possibility unreliability of that one return, and the facts that shops will be closed, I think we will pass on this and do something else our day in port.

Ellie

6. Re: Will bus to Tarquinia be operating on May 1 (holiday)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2010, 12:47
Get answers to your questions about Civitavecchia