We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from San Pietro train station to Civitavecchia

new jersey
Level Contributor
164 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Train from San Pietro train station to Civitavecchia

I know from reading all the other threads that it is best to take a regional train to Civavecchia and I know I can get the train from San Pietro train station. My question is how do I know what train track to get the train on and how do I know which direction the train is going if there is no sign on the train. Is there only one stop in Civitavecchia? Is Civitaveccha the last stop on the F5 train route? Should I buy a round trip ticket to and from San Pietro train station for pre and post cruise or is it better to buy one way for each way. Thanks for your help.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from San Pietro train station to Civitavecchia

For answers to most of your questions, read

roninrome.com/%20transportation/riding-the-t…

There is only one stop in Civitavecchia, but it is not always the last stop.

There are no round-trip tickets. You can buy two Regionale tickets at the same time, but you can - obviously - only use them on Regionale trains.

new jersey
Level Contributor
164 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from San Pietro train station to Civitavecchia

Thanks so much. This is valuable information and helps to explain how to read the departure board.

new jersey
Level Contributor
164 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from San Pietro train station to Civitavecchia

I forgot to ask this. Can we buy the regional train tickets for Civitavecchia at the St. Pietro station? Is there a ticket window and do some agents speak english, or is it better to use the machines and use my credit card? I woulld like to buy them when we arrive at the station.

Thanks for all the valuable tips. I am learning alot.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
96,167 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from San Pietro train station to Civitavecchia

There is a ticket office and machines, but allow a bit of time to find them.

Even if a ticket agent does not speak English, it should not be too hard for you to say "Due biglietti per Civitavecchia, per favore"

new jersey
Level Contributor
164 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train from San Pietro train station to Civitavecchia

Thanks again so much.

new jersey
Level Contributor
164 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train from San Pietro train station to Civitavecchia

Thanks again so much!!!

new jersey
Level Contributor
164 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Train from San Pietro train station to Civitavecchia

Hi,

I forgot to ask. Do I have to buy the train tickets on the day we are going to Civitavecchia or can I buy them the day before?

8. Re: Train from San Pietro train station to Civitavecchia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2010, 10:46