We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

staying in or around chianciano Terme

AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
32 posts
84 reviews
staying in or around chianciano Terme

Hi

We want to stay and relax in the spas at Chianciano terme. we are coming from Florence and I see that the train is the best way to get their from Florence, then catch a bus.

I am needing to find out whether we stay in accommodation in the city there or do most people stay out of the city and get transfers into the city for the spa?

as I see there are a couple of cities around there.

thanks so much

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
97,617 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: staying in or around chianciano Terme

Chianciano Terme is the largest place in the immediate area. It has been popular as a spa for many years and has plenty of hotels.

AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
32 posts
84 reviews
2. Re: staying in or around chianciano Terme

thank you, mabey my question was not too clear..

sorry but i am asking weather I should stay in the town itself or out into the surrounding area like Montepulciano..

as the hotel I see in in Chianciano Terme are very basic and we would to stay in luxury accommodation.

It looks like we might need to stay out in the country side and drive in to the town ... is this where most of the spas are?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
97,617 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: staying in or around chianciano Terme

If you will have a car, you can stay wherever you like in this area. Without a car, you will find transport very limited. The nearest car rental agencies would be Florence, Siena or Chiusi.

The baths are in Chianciano Terme.

4. Re: staying in or around chianciano Terme

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2014, 22:47
Get answers to your questions about Chianciano Terme