We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Castiglione Della Pescaia - possible to spend a day there?

Whaley Bridge...
Level Contributor
119 posts
224 reviews
Save Topic
Castiglione Della Pescaia - possible to spend a day there?

Hi everyone,

Coming to Tuscany for a few days this weekend, and have revised my plans a little at the last minute (deciding that we want a nice quiet break, rather than battling through crowds in Florence etc - which we'll save for next time).

With that in mind, Castiglione Della Pescaia came up somewhere online as a recommendation as somewhere nice and unspoilt by throngs of tourists, to spend a day pottering about. I am struggling to find much information in any of our guide books (which is encouraging) but wondered if it's feesibly possible to spend a day (or more!) there, or if we'll struggle?

We're a late twenties couple, who love to wander around towns and also looking to relax on a beach or public park with a picnic and while the lazy afternoon hours away.

We're based up in Montecatini Terme, which I understand is pretty, but a bit of a tourist hotel hotspot, so the train ride down to the South West doesn't put us off at all - we're just after rustic Italian culture :)

Many thanks for any help!

Gari

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Castiglione Della Pescaia
Castiglione Della Pescaia
Province of Grosseto, Italy
Montecatini Terme
Montecatini Terme
Province of Pistoia, Italy
London, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Castiglione Della Pescaia - possible to spend a day there?

Hello Gari--hope this isn't cheeky (given that your trip was a year ago), but did you end up going to CDP and if so, was there more then enough to do in a day? I'm hoping to spend the long weekend in the area. Any tips?

Thank you!

~Nicole

2. Re: Castiglione Della Pescaia - possible to spend a day there?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 09:45
Get answers to your questions about Castiglione Della...