We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ston/ston raskršće bus stop

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
ston/ston raskršće bus stop

hi,

on august 16th i have to go from sarajevo to korcula, and since there is no direct link that day (the sarajevo-korcula bus does not leave on thursdays), i found out another option: taking the sarajevo-dubrovnik bus, getting off at ston, and then taking the dubrovnik-korcula which stops at ston as well.

the problem is, i noticed that the bus from sarajevo only stops at "ston r. (raskršće)", while the other from dubrovnik stops at both "ston r." and "ston".

from the information i could gather, "ston r." means the intersection between the main road to dubrovnik and the road which leads to ston and the rest of peljesac peninsula. while obviously "ston" is the village itself, 5 km away from the intersection!

so, does this mean that the only option i have is to wait at a road intersection, in the august heat, for at least 4 hours (i would arrive at ston r. at about 12, and the bus to korcula should arrive at 16), for the bus from dubrovnik to come and pick me up?

ps. sorry i double posted this topic in the general croatia forum, i didn't realize there were more specific forums where i could ask my question

Private Tour: Ston and Peljesac...
12 Reviews
from US$ 54.36*
Free Cancellation
Ston and Korcula Island Day Trip from...
90 Reviews
from US$ 62.87*
Free Cancellation
Peljesac Peninsula Day Trip from...
7 Reviews
from US$ 154.60*
Free Cancellation
2 replies to this topic
Durham
Level Contributor
5,575 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ston/ston raskršće bus stop

There is nothing at that junction, so staying there for several hours isn't a great idea. You could travel further to Slano have lunch there and catch the Korcula bus in Slano. Otherwise you could try to arrange a taxi from Ston or try hitchhiking. If you wanted to walk Mali Ston is about 1 km closer than Ston itself. There's also the possiblity of getting the ferry from Drvenik. Howver that takes you to Domince which is 2 km from Korcula town.

Mentioned in this post
Slano
Slano
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
Korcula Island
Korcula Island
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
Ston
Ston
Peljesac Peninsula, Croatia
Korcula Town
Korcula Town
Korcula Island, Croatia
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ston/ston raskršće bus stop

in fact, if that was the only option, i would have changed my plans for sure. thank you very much for the tip, i think i'll definitely get off at slano.

Reply to: ston/ston raskršće bus stop
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Peljesac Peninsula