We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving for a cruise on 5/28/26,flying into PPT at 5 a.m.

Level Contributor
10 posts
20 reviews
Arriving for a cruise on 5/28/26,flying into PPT at 5 a.m.

need advice as to were I can stay for 8 hrs at above date. Are their any suggestions what to do as I have never been there. We will be pretty tired from flying Miami to LAX 5 hr. layover and then 8hrs to PPT.

Thanks

12 replies to this topic
California
Level Contributor
10,252 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Arriving for a cruise on 5/28/26,flying into PPT at 5 a.m.

I'd book a day room at the Intercontinental.

ny
Level Contributor
326 posts
191 reviews
2. Re: Arriving for a cruise on 5/28/26,flying into PPT at 5 a.m.

Agree intercontinental has various rates. This property is very accustomed to people coming their for layovers . They have nice pools etc

California
Level Contributor
749 posts
1 review
3. Re: Arriving for a cruise on 5/28/26,flying into PPT at 5 a.m.

We've stayed in day rooms at both Intercontinental and Le Meridian and liked both very much.

Benicia, California
Level Contributor
13 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: Arriving for a cruise on 5/28/26,flying into PPT at 5 a.m.

Previous responses are correct. I would stay away from Hotel Tahiti Nui. Rooms are okay but in a dirty part of the town with awful views. It worked for what we needed, I would have stayed at Intercontinental but they were booked.

Mesa, Arizona
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
3,965 posts
24 reviews
5. Re: Arriving for a cruise on 5/28/26,flying into PPT at 5 a.m.

Another vote for a day room at the Intercontinental Tahiti. Make sure they know when you book that are arriving well before their check-in time, so you don't have to wait around until noon or 1 p.m. for your room to be available!

Edited: 07 April 2016, 22:20
Michigan
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: Arriving for a cruise on 5/28/26,flying into PPT at 5 a.m.

Agree on intercontinental Tahiti. A 10 minute drive from the airport. They have day rooms that include showers. Not a room to stay all day with beds, but the pool area and lobby is nice to hang out in.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
13,168 posts
68 reviews
7. Re: Arriving for a cruise on 5/28/26,flying into PPT at 5 a.m.

I'd want to sleep for several hours and then shower, so would rent a room for the night before at Fare Suisse for about $105.

They'll pick you up at the airport and drop you at the cruise.

London, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
22 reviews
8. Re: Arriving for a cruise on 5/28/26,flying into PPT at 5 a.m.

Our cruise finishes in Tahiti and we have to disembark by 9am and our flight isn't till 23.30 so a day room sounds ideal and The Intercontinental looks to fit the bill, but I am unable to find any info on their day room rates/packages via their website.

So any info on rates/packages, where to find them would be great.

Thanks

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,651 posts
14 reviews
9. Re: Arriving for a cruise on 5/28/26,flying into PPT at 5 a.m.

Hi hi,

Contact the resort directly....email on their website. We always stay at the Intercontinental for a day or two at the end of our trips. The Le Meridien day room rate is often lower....not my favorite hotel but certainly a fine place to stay for the afternoon. Does your cruise line offer a day room at the end of the cruise? Many cruise lines include a dayroom upon departure & transfers if you book the air through them. Hope this helps!

sunny regards,

shully

London, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
22 reviews
10. Re: Arriving for a cruise on 5/28/26,flying into PPT at 5 a.m.

I have asked this question of our cruise line, but was told that if there were options we would find out on route!! so I'm just wondering if we are best sorting something out for ourselves as others have said that previously they were put into a conference room with others on the flight and with their luggage. Not a situation we would want to be in at the end of a high end cruise.

Reply to: Arriving for a cruise on 5/28/26,flying into PPT at 5 a.m.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Papetoai
More Papetoai Topics