We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation from ferry terminal to hilton moorea

Edison, New Jersey
Level Contributor
14 posts
20 reviews
21 helpful votes
transportation from ferry terminal to hilton moorea

Does anyone know if it would be cheaper to get a taxi from the ferry terminal to the Hilton Moorea or to organize transportation with the hotel directly?

13 replies to this topic
Santa Barbara...
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,652 posts
14 reviews
176 helpful votes
1. Re: transportation from ferry terminal to hilton moorea

Hi Anabellerose75:

The largest transfer company on Moorea is Albert Tours. Merely send them an email and they will happily arrange your roundtrip transfer to/from airport and/or ferry.

www.albert-transport.net/index_us.php?nx=ACC

sunny regards,

shully

Key Colony Beach...
Level Contributor
31 posts
24 reviews
17 helpful votes
2. Re: transportation from ferry terminal to hilton moorea

I have the same question. How far is it to the ferry terminal? Was looking at the Intercontinental but for 1 night it may not be worth the extra travel time.

Edited: 10 August 2018, 07:26
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
5,116 posts
210 reviews
133 helpful votes
3. Re: transportation from ferry terminal to hilton moorea

Albert's charged is $40 for the 2 of us in a private shuttle a few weeks ago. A shared service with them might be less. We were at the Hilton and the drive was about 15-20 minutes. Add on 10 more minutes to the IC.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
75 reviews
32 helpful votes
4. Re: transportation from ferry terminal to hilton moorea

We had the Hilton arrange our private transport so we could stop at the grocery. I don't remember the exact cost but seems like it was about $40 USD. You could ask the Hilton and compare. Once you are at the Hilton you would need to take a cab or find another way to grab some snacks etc and that was pretty pricey to get a ride to the grocery. Guess it depends how long you are there and it that matters to you

Have fun

Beautiful spot

Level Contributor
17 posts
14 reviews
5 helpful votes
5. Re: transportation from ferry terminal to hilton moorea

What other companies are available if Albert's is not able to help us? I sent them an email and they are not available during the time that we need them. Are there any other options such as taxi's upon arrival? We are having trouble finding a transfer for our upcoming visit next week.

Edited: 11 August 2018, 02:27
Jackson, MS
Level Contributor
320 posts
29 reviews
22 helpful votes
6. Re: transportation from ferry terminal to hilton moorea

The Intercontinental is about 30 minutes from the ferry terminal.

Jonen,Switzerland
Level Contributor
469 posts
10 reviews
26 helpful votes
7. Re: transportation from ferry terminal to hilton moorea

You might like to rent a car. It’s so handy to drive around the island and if you room might not ready because early check in you can drive around the island do some shopping and sightseeing or go somewhere for dinner where they have no pick up service. We use the car for sunrise or sunset drives too.

ont
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
3 helpful votes
8. Re: transportation from ferry terminal to hilton moorea

Will arrive Papeete on a cruise, overnight in Papeete. Would like to take the Ferry to Moorea for a short tour as soon as we arrive in Papeete. Is there any local tour that we can purchase the same day we arrive at the pier in Moorea? Or any taxi or public transport that we could hire to tour Moorea? It seems that all the day trips starts early around 8:30 a.m., we will not be able to get there in time. Would it be very expensive to hire a taxi. Is it safe to do so?

Paradise Valley...
Level Contributor
297 posts
56 reviews
44 helpful votes
9. Re: transportation from ferry terminal to hilton moorea

What I would do it get to your hotel (using Albert or Marama Tours); you will probably not be able to get into your room until afternoon (unfortunately, unlike other places these tend to be booked solid and rooms aren't being turned over quickly).

Once at the hotel, you can store your luggage (bear in mind in many places "storage" is not locked up, but rather just in a room, or in many cases, just sitting alongside the reception desk (I'm looking at you Hilton). So take out your valuables if you have any.

Then I would rent a car for half day, and drive myself around the island. I guess you could do a tour but there is only 1 road, and there is signs which would direct you to Belvedere outlook, pineapple plantation etc. If you look at "Things to Do" here on TA, you'll find many tours. Dr Poole's Dolphin tour is one of the best but they start at 0800. But check the others and see if there are later starts (but you are right, most are early morning especially if on the water since the lagoon is calmest in the am).

If you go with Alberts, they have ATVs you can rent and other tours, so check with them as well.

ont
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
3 helpful votes
10. Re: transportation from ferry terminal to hilton moorea

We are not booked guests of Hilton Moorea. We would like to spend a few hours sightseeing in Moorea. Wonder if there is any public transportation/buses we could take.

As we won't arrive Moorea early enough to book any half day tours. We need to get back to Papeete by the last ferry of the day (4:15 p.m. ferry?), to be back on our cruise ship. Any recommendations welcome. We don't plan on driving ourselves.

Reply to: transportation from ferry terminal to hilton moorea
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Papetoai
More Papetoai Topics