We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family room on Moorea

Palmerston North
Level Contributor
75 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Family room on Moorea

We are wanting to do a family holiday in Moorea for 10 nights to celebrate my parents 25th wedding anniversary. We will be a party of 6. (Mum and Dad, me and my brother and our partners.)

Obviously, Mum and Dad will have their own room. But, us kids (18-24yrs) ideally would like to share a family room to keep costs down. We aren't fussy and don't mind sofa bed sleeping and sharing bathroom facilities etc.

However, I am really struggling to find a 'family' room as most rooms tend to be for 2 people only or 2 adults 1 kid.

We ideally want to stay on the beachfront, 4-5 star hotel and have access to all the resort type entertainment (paddle boards etc).

My and my partner stayed at the Moorea Pearl 2 years ago and loved it. Everything was perfect other than the fact that it wasn't on 'blue lagoon water'.

Has anyone had any experiences with fitting 4 adults into the 2 adult 1 kid on the sofa type rooms such as the Hilton offer?

I have looked at a few holiday homes. But, they don't seem to have the stars and locations on the resorts. I do remember seeing a really nice home with a full glass front on a jet ski tour. It was located around by the old Club Med on the waterfront. Would love to know if this place was rentable?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated :)

Edited: 06 February 2015, 07:40
Washington
Destination Expert
for Papeete, French Polynesia
Level Contributor
2,589 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family room on Moorea

Look on Homeaway VRBO and Flipkey for holiday homes

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family room on Moorea

Honestly, finding any resort that will allow four adults in a single room is a challenge. Our kids were 13 and 15 on our last trip, which meant one or both counted as adults. The Intercontinental would allow the four of us in a bungalow (not the lanai rooms), but there is no way two normal sized adults fits on the daybed/trundle bed in the living room (unless you're tiny). The Hilton doesn't allow four adults--you have to book two rooms officially there, although they allowed us a favor (Legends went out of business and switched our rezzie there) and we ended up upgrading onsite to their garden villa, which would be perfect. The garden villa has two bathrooms, a master bedroom with a king-sized bed and a living room with two daybeds. The Moorea Pearl has a family room (a bed upstairs in a loft and two singles downstairs, with one bathroom), but I don't know if it allows four adults (it definitely allows three).

The Sofitel won't allow four in their regular bungalows...we stayed in their family villa, which allows four adults. It has two bedrooms (both with king-sized beds and bathrooms), plus a living room with a futon bed. I don't know how many adults they allow, but in theory... you could do that, put mom and dad in the fancy master bedroom (it has an outdoor soaking tub), put one couple in the second bedroom, and one couple in the living room.

3. Re: Family room on Moorea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2016, 20:45
Get answers to your questions about Papetoai
More Papetoai Topics