We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hilton moorea, which OWB?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
25 posts
hilton moorea, which OWB?

I am going on my honeymoon to the hilton moorea in a few weeks. We are booked in an over water bungalow and I wanted to know which room we should stay in?

We are looking for something on the quieter side (hearing about these roosters), we would like some privacy(I've read, not to stay close to the ice machines) and get a taste of these incredible views everyone is talking about, along with the amazing snorkeling. If you would please tell us your thoughts on which OWB are the best for those reasons, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

honeymooner!

Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
4,826 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: hilton moorea, which OWB?

Just ask your TA or send a message to the Hilton yourself telling them exactly what you are looking for away from roosters (hard to do in Moorea) Most private etc. exact bungalow numbers have been mentioned on this forum so many times this t it has become tough for the resorts to fulfill requests because everybody is asking for the same bungalows.

Enjoy your honeymoon.

Regards Bo

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,984 posts
201 reviews
2. Re: hilton moorea, which OWB?

Here is a map. I would suggest any of the odd numbers from about #91 on up, also #100.

customtahiti.com/Hilton_Moorea_Layout.html

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
3. Re: hilton moorea, which OWB?

We were in #71. It's not on the end, but I thought we had great views. From what I can remember, we were far enough out to not have any hotel views. Either ocean or land views.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
280 posts
78 reviews
4. Re: hilton moorea, which OWB?

I can second bungalow 71, it has a really great view and is far out and private.

Here is the view from the balcony I took:

tripadvisor.com/…41823216

Santa Monica...
Level Contributor
19 posts
18 reviews
5. Re: hilton moorea, which OWB?

We got back from our honeymoon earlier this week. We did 10 days in 85. We were really happy with it. Beautiful sunrises & we didn't get pounded by the sun in the afternoon. My two cents would be the further out, the better.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
22 posts
6. Re: hilton moorea, which OWB?

We were originally in 71 but the wind was horrible so we requested to move. While 71 had a great view, it doesn't get a lot of afternoon sun on the deck, so it may not be the place for you if you plan to lay out in the afternoon. We moved to 63 which wasn't as private but we preferred that location over 71 since we were actually able to use our deck and swim around the bungalow.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
280 posts
78 reviews
7. Re: hilton moorea, which OWB?

JLG RE:71, this may be season dependent on the wind and sun, we didn't have issues with either, but good to know.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
209 posts
18 reviews
8. Re: hilton moorea, which OWB?

We had #105 and our kids had #104. We really liked the odd numbered side as it had the stunning mountain view along with the ocean. The kids view was just pure ocean. We all congregated at our #105 for the amazing sunsets....I miss Moorea!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
9. Re: hilton moorea, which OWB?

I agree with JLG. I think we were in 71 as well which I thought had great views. But like JLG said, we couldn't really use our deck to sunbath, we ended up going to the beach to lay out. I didn't really bother me though.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
152 posts
19 reviews
10. Re: hilton moorea, which OWB?

Unless money is absolutely no object, I wouldn't waste your money on an overwater bungalow in Moorea, especially if you're going to Bora Bora and will be in an OWB there. The OWB experience in Bora Bora simply blows OWBs in Moorea out of the water (no pun intended). We recently returned from FP in late July and chose a Deluxe Garden Bungalow at the Hilton in Moorea -- and are we glad we did! The wind was a MAJOR issue the entire week, making the water surrounding the OWBs extremely choppy.

The Deluxe Garden Bungalows at the Hilton aren't exactly shabby either -- we used the private plunge pool almost every night (awesome spot to have a drink/cigar before or after dinner). Use the money you save (probably at least a couple hundred dollars per night) to buy some pearls or have a few extra spa treatments.

Get answers to your questions about Papetoai
More Papetoai Topics