We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel on Moorea in French Polynesia

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel on Moorea in French Polynesia

Our family (my wife and I and our 22 year old twins will be spending 2 weeks in Tahiti and Bora Bora this summer. We'll be spending 3 days of that in Moorea and are trying to decide between the Intercontinental and the Hilton. We've decided we'll stay in overwater bungalows in either place. If price isn't a consideration, which hotel would you suggest and why? What are the differences between the two. They both look really good from what I can discern online. Thanks for your help!

9 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,039 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel on Moorea in French Polynesia

Choose Hilton. It is an amazing small resort with a beautiful lagoon to snorkel in right off your OWB. Hilton is #1 for a reason. We stopped by Intercontinental and it was ok but we were glad we were at Hilton.

Going back again in October

Have fun whatever you choose

Seattle
Level Contributor
111 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel on Moorea in French Polynesia

I agree. Stay at the Hilton. The Sofitel is better then the Moorea InterContinental, but th Hilton beats them all..

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,953 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel on Moorea in French Polynesia

Hilton would be my choice. I don't think you will fit 4 in the OWB. Perhaps a garden unit for the twins. They can come by the OWB during the day

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel on Moorea in French Polynesia

Thank you very much.

Belmont, Michigan
Level Contributor
157 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel on Moorea in French Polynesia

Hands down, Hilton! We just got back from our amazing trip and if we ever go back we would spend all of our time on Moorea and at the Hilton. We had a King Panoramic overwater bungalow and it was amazing! Crystal clear water, coral reefs for miles that you can just climb off of your deck into the water and be greeted by every tropical fish imaginable. We actually had to buy a book to identify them all! Gorgeous views, gorgeous sunsets, tons to do, wonderful food! You would not be disappointed! We also have a 22 year old daughter that was incredibly jealous that she didn't get to come with us! Enjoy your trip!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel on Moorea in French Polynesia

Perfect! That's exactly what I hoped to hear. Thank you very much.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel on Moorea in French Polynesia

Thanks very much.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
846 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel on Moorea in French Polynesia

Another for the Hilton. Loved it when we were there, great location, great resort, great bungalows, staff was great too. Its such a nice small resort.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel on Moorea in French Polynesia

Thanks!

Reply to: Hotel on Moorea in French Polynesia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Papetoai
More Papetoai Topics