We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheesewring Bodmin

UK
Level Contributor
173 posts
40 reviews
Cheesewring Bodmin

Hi How accessible is the Cheesewring on Bodmin Moor? Is there nearby parking or is it a long walk? Worth visiting?

12 replies to this topic
Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,645 posts
84 reviews
1. Re: Cheesewring Bodmin

You can park at Minions, then walk to the Cheesewring past the Hurlers. It's not too far, but a decent walk if you know what I mean. It's pretty easy going most of the way across grass and along a track.

I think it is well worth a visit just to see how precarious looking the stones are, yet they stay standing.

UK
Level Contributor
173 posts
40 reviews
2. Re: Cheesewring Bodmin

Thanks yes it looks great from some photos online.

Bodmin, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
66 reviews
3. Re: Cheesewring Bodmin

Cheesewring isn't in Bodmin, it's 8 miles from Liskeard and 10 from launceston the area and views are spectacular the pub is friendly, we stayed at the cheesewring camp site don't bother

Chepstow, United...
Level Contributor
565 posts
43 reviews
4. Re: Cheesewring Bodmin

Just had a look on the OS map - If you park at Minions it's a mile walk out to the Cheesewring. You can make a circular walk of 2.5 miles if you want to take in The Hurlers too.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
920 posts
54 reviews
5. Re: Cheesewring Bodmin

I normally park in the small car park adjacent to the Hurlers just before you enter Minions village.

Try to go on a clear day so that you get the best of the views from the top of the stones. The Cheesewring has long been a favourite outing for our family and I'm sure you'd enjoy it.

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,538 posts
376 reviews
6. Re: Cheesewring Bodmin

How spooky,that this has cropped up today again. I've been there today, and walked past the Hurlers and out to the Cheesewring. Excellent views and an easy walk. its quite impressive up close.

Good watering holes in Minions when you return as well. It was a good way to avoid the Bank Holiday crowds, as although there were quite a few people around, it wasn't manic like the coast today.

Cornwall, United...
Level Contributor
204 posts
27 reviews
7. Re: Cheesewring Bodmin

Bodmin and Bodmin Moor are not the same at all Karen W!

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
920 posts
54 reviews
8. Re: Cheesewring Bodmin

Isn't that what she was saying?

Mawgan...
Level Contributor
99 posts
1 review
9. Re: Cheesewring Bodmin

done it in flip flops ,easy going

Cornwall, United...
Level Contributor
204 posts
27 reviews
10. Re: Cheesewring Bodmin

Sammy, no I think she was saying that it isn't in Bodmin ie correcting the OP, but the OP knows it is on Bodmin Moor and never said it was in Bodmin.

Reply to: Cheesewring Bodmin
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bodmin
More Bodmin Topics