We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rogue B and B in Tenby

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Rogue B and B in Tenby

I am taking civil action against the Osnok B and B in Tenby after we were treated very badly by them. I have contacted the police, Tourist Information and Visit Wales and they are under investigation.

Are there any other bodies that we can contact to complain and warn others who might walk in to a similar predicament?

Our shower did not work properly, our room was more like an attic cell and we were verbally abused by the landlady in front of a 10 year old.

Most people have been shocked by this and insisted that we take further action. But, apart from our now ongoing court case - what can we do to warn others?

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rogue B and B in Tenby

I forgot to mention that we felt it necessary to leave early and yet this woman kept our money.

The police and the court have both agreed that even though we did not stay as long as intended, the fact that she had other vacancies makes the argument of keeping others out void and, also, her behaviour towards us, particularly in front of a child, would make it impossible for anyone to continue to stay.

It is also very odd that they have mostly good reviews and that the latest one stresses how good the shower is.....we suspect foul play as this shower issue cannot be a new one - based as it is on putting a shower in an attic room when the tank is downstairs.

I booked on the basis of these reviews - but I am now suspicious. Please let people know to avoid this place - there are far better places to stay in Tenby at a better price. Be careful - and don't pay in advance or rogue operators like this will keep your money.

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
4,772 posts
461 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rogue B and B in Tenby

Definitely add your review to Trip Advisor:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g191253-d6478…

I just noticed that 13 out of 16 reviews for this B&B are a one or two time reviewer. Is that odd? I don't know but perhaps some of the other regular contributors can help out. Perhaps you should contact Trip Advisor as well.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rogue B and B in Tenby

I think it is odd too. You have made a very good point.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rogue B and B in Tenby

Thank you for your response. Yes, that is an excellent point. I booked the B and B on the basis of these reviews and had never used trip advisor before, but I would certainly feel compelled to write more in the future - it is awful when your holiday is ruined. We feel horribly cheated, but everyone - the police, the court etc...have been sympathetic so we might get some of the money back at least. Apparently, if we win the case (and I've been told by a solicitor that we probably will) we can claim for the spoiling of our enjoyment, the accommodation we had to arrange and the full cost of the holiday. I expect she will be wishing she had accepted my offer of just returning the money we had given her for the next two nights stay.

How anyone can think that abusing your guests and being rude about them allows you to keep their money when they cannot stand it anymore is quite insane. But she also fell down on providing an adequate service so we can claim the whole lot back.

Hope this is helpful to anyone else.

Level Contributor
643 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Rogue B and B in Tenby

If you have a court case pending I would not discuss it further on an open public forum.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rogue B and B in Tenby

It is only a civic case - purely to get our money back.

I think it is important to get this information out there so it doesn't happen to anyone else.

Level Contributor
643 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Rogue B and B in Tenby

True- hope it gets sorted

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rogue B and B in Tenby

Thank you.

I meant civil case! It is my first ever, but my daughter is slightly traumatised. It is the least I can do.

Having a look around on here - I didn't know you could comment about attractions - great.

Personally, I love Caldey Island, Equinox (the shop) and the Plantaganet restaurant.

Thanks everyone. Any other suggestions for letting other knows about this gratefully received.

Edited: 23 August 2011, 01:51
Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
4,772 posts
461 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rogue B and B in Tenby

Virtual Tourist (similar site to Trip Advisor) uses Trip Advisor's reviews for it's listings:

virtualtourist.com/hotels/Europe/United_King…

Be sure to let them know if it turns out be to be a scam.

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,583 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Rogue B and B in Tenby

From their web site

"Please note that a booking is a legally binding contract, so if for any reason you have to cancel or shorten your stay, and we are unable to re-let the room then you are liable for the cost of the booking. We strongly recommend that you take out holiday insurance."

Get answers to your questions about Tenby
Recent Conversations