We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel / Flyglobespan - Lastminute.com

Elderslie
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel / Flyglobespan - Lastminute.com

Has anyone bought,from Lastminute.com and found, that despite what the emailed Lastminute.com hotel voucher says, when you get to your hotel, in this case Hotel Pollencina in Puerto Pollenca, they don't have the type of room you thought you paid for. i.e. a double room with a view and balcony?

We were put into a back room with no view and no double bed.

When immediately enquiring at the hotel reception desk, we were told the contract/agreeement the Hotel Group, that runs the hotel, has with Lastminute.com did not include for booking rooms with balconies or views, hence we were put into the room, from their records Lastminute.com had booked.

However, when I showed the hotel our voucher from lastminute.com it specifically mentioned "double room with balcony and view". The hotel were very interested and took a copy to take the matter up with Lastminute.com. They also showed me the email they received from Lastminuite.com for our booking and it stated "double room only" no mention of balcony or view. This would seem to vindicate the hotel's stance. I took a copy and have since emailed it back to Lastminute.com and included it in our compensation claim now with them. We await a repsonse.

We also booked our flight to Palma through lastminute .com, and as it turned out was a Flyglobespan flight from Glasgow. However, when we arrived to check in at Glasgow, we were told we had to pay an extra £26 for our hold baggage, both ways, making a total of £52 extra on the price of the holiday. Nothing in the lastminute.com holiday voucher states that we were due to pay more money for hold baggage.

We used Lastminute.com in good faith thinking that we would get what is says on the tin (or emailed holiday voucher in this case), but clearly there is some sharp practice a-foot in the lastminute.com camp.

Has anyone else had a similar bad experience?

Regards

BrambleEdlerslie

England
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel / Flyglobespan - Lastminute.com

Yes I am having a problem with lastminute.com. I booked a holiday to Las Vegas with them staying at the Wynn Tower Suites.The price including Economy flights was £2600.I was advised to upgrade to Business myself as it would be cheaper.I was told that breakfast was included and also a $75 a day resort credit was applied also.

When I received the confirmation it did not include breakfast or the Resort Credit.I phoned back three times and was told that this was the case and they would send me confirmation.I took a chance that they were telling the truth and did not receive this particular print out(if it ever existed) before I went.

Yes you are right! There was no mention of breakfast at the hotel.It cost me over $600 for the week.The $75 resort credit was not applied to the account either.How nice the staff are at lastminute.com when you are buying a holiday NOT when you are trying to get this money back!I,ve been told by them that breakfast is never incuded in Las Vegas as there are "all you can eat" buffet.I,ve told them that if I wanted that sort of hotel I would have saved several thousand pounds and booked it!My holiday would have been cheaper if I had booked direct.DO NOT think you are getting 70% off!Please be careful of this company.

2. Re: Hotel / Flyglobespan - Lastminute.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2010, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Blairgowrie