We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hoburne Torbay Holiday Park

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,896 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Hoburne Torbay Holiday Park

I'm stopping here in August with three children aged 9,11 and 13. I'd be really grateful for any day trips ideas as we'll be stopping for two weeks. Also, any information about public transport as we're hoping to leave the car on the park for the majority of time.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,591 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hoburne Torbay Holiday Park

Traveline is usually very good for buses/public transport:

http://www.traveline.org.uk/index.htm

From Torbay you're well placed for trips to Totnes, Dartmouth or up to the beaches at Dawlish and Exmouth. I would also recommend a day at Crealy:

http://www.crealy.co.uk/devon/index.aspx

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,896 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hoburne Torbay Holiday Park

Okay thanks for that, Crealy looks great.

Has anyone stopped at this park and knows if they operate a courtesy bus into Paignton or anything like that?

West Sussex, UK
Level Contributor
37 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hoburne Torbay Holiday Park

Hi. I have been to Hoburne Torbay several times. It is a brilliant park with some excellent facilities and entertainment - Im also going again for 2 weeks in June & cant wait. They do operate a bus from the park into Paignton town centre, I believe it goes every hour or so and a small charge. There are also bus stops along the main road (10/15 min walk from the park) where regular buses again run into Paignton Coach station or in the other direction Brixham. There are plenty of bus services in the area - I found this out when our car broke down last year, although for most you have to go into Paignton bus station and change - you can then get to Torquay, Newton Abbot or even further afield Exeter & Plymouth. You can also get weekly tickets which work out cheaper if you are using the buses regularly. Train services are also frequent and you can get to many places.

I have been to Torquay on holiday for the past 30 years, previously staying in various hotels but Hoburne are the best holidays!! The park is immaculate and some great views across the bay. Paignton Zoo is well worth a visit (you can again get a bus there from the coach station) and the Model Village in Babbacombe is also good.

If you contact the tourist board - I'm sure they maybe able to help with the bus timetables etc but also traveline is good.

Have a great holiday !!

Edited: 05 April 2010, 21:17
England, United...
Level Contributor
1,896 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hoburne Torbay Holiday Park

Hi, Thanks very much for your reply and all the info you gave me, Can't wait for the summer to go there now!

We're a family of 5 so I'll certainly look into buying a weekly pass to save money. Hopefully they may do a family bus pass.

Have a great holiday in June!

West Midlands
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hoburne Torbay Holiday Park

hi, we have jst returned frm a holiday there (july 2010) my kids throughly enjoyed it, i was dreading it at 1st, cos u hear SO many horror stories of bad caravans etc..bt we stayed in S2 caravans for 6 ppl, and the caravan ws lovely and clean. They have 2 swimming pools inside and outside, and entainment for the kids, the only downside is, if u wanna go and see the show - go early, cos thy get reli busy and full VERY QUICKLY. Attractions that gud for the children are: Paignton zoo, Kents Caverns, and a boat trip, that goes from Torquay to Goodrington and bck, it starts about 8.30 pm and u cn see the sunset whilst on the boat. It looks reli beautiful cos everythng is lit up, its called the illumination trip,worth goin to see ! The beaches are VERY beautiful, we visited Goddrington,Paignton and Torquay beach, if u research on the net b4 u go, it all looks very familiar wen u get there..lol. The only thing that we did find difficult was, outside the holiday park, there wsnt any where to eat out (that was in walking distance anyway) the nearest place was Goodrington, where there was jst a Post office, a Co-op and a couple of take away chippies, so u coudnt jst POP out for a meal..unless u wntd to jump on a bus to Paignton. The area was beautiful, and Goodrington beach was jst a lovely walk away, by the beach there is go karts, quads and bumper boats. I woud recommend this place and all of South devon reli..my chilren didnt want to come home ! my children are aged frm 16 to 11 boys and girls

Dorset
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Hoburne Torbay Holiday Park

Hello

It's great to hear you will be heading to one of our parks this summer. On our main website we have links to local attractions including Living Coasts, Babbacombe Model Village, Paignton Zoo and more.

hoburne.com/park-details/…local-information

You can also get in touch with us on Facebook if you need any further help with local information or would like to speak to others who have spent their holidays at Hoburne.

http://www.facebook.com/Hoburne

Have a great holiday!

Hoburne Team.

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,896 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hoburne Torbay Holiday Park

Well I stayed here in August and I have waited for a while before leaving my feedback as I wasn't sure wether to leave it or not.

I have to admit it was probably the worst holiday we have ever had but before I start let me just say that most of this is down to the caravan I booked privately. I went with Arden Caravans booking M20 a three bed caravan. It was quite cheap and I went with low expectations as I knew it would be an old caravan. What I didn't expect though was for there to be no working light bulb in the kitchen, a broken bedside lamp, even a broken picture hanging in the bedroom and sweet wrappers under the bed!!! Cobwebs hanging from the ceilings and no internal door handle for the main bedroom meaning you had to use your nails to get the door shut!!!!

Before I carry on let me just say that I never book a high grade caravan as I'm not someone who expects anything like perfection, when I go on Haven holidays I always have their bog standard caravan (and am always happy with it). This caravan was beyond the pale though and had a real feeling of people owning it just to make money and not bothering about their customer's holiday experiences. When we got there we needed to open all the windows and doors due to the strong smell of tobacco for several hours as it was overwhelming. If they knew a previous guest had been smoking in there they could have aired it out themselves for us whilst they cleaned it.

I know this isn't the holiday park's fault but I do think that Hoburne should regulate the private caravan companys and do checks occasionally to make sure that they are hiring out caravans fit for purpose. I really thought that this one would be okay when I booked it as the communications from the owner of Arden caravens were excellent but it just shows. I'll never book private again and I wont return to Hoburne again either.

8. Re: Hoburne Torbay Holiday Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2011, 11:21
Get answers to your questions about Paignton