We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Saturday & Sunday restaurant - do we need to?

Kent
Level Contributor
2,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Booking Saturday & Sunday restaurant - do we need to?

For a change I am on the other side today asking instead of answering questions.

Next Saturday we are driving to Weymouth. We (two of us) will need to find somewhere for dinner in the evening of Saturday and also Sunday, preferably within walking distance of the Alexandra Gardens end of The Esplanade. I was wondering if the restaurants are very busy on Saturdays/Sundays and whether we need to book a table before we leave home. I have pulled a few places from TA reviews that look interesting but would appreciate some local input. We like most types of food including fish but neither of us like hot seafood which unfortunately can rule out some places.

In addition we are also looking for somewhere to have breakfast Sunday morning.

Any suggestions will be very welcome as I don't fancy trapsing around looking for somewhere to eat on our first evening.

Edited: 13 May 2012, 18:58
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
16,890 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Saturday & Sunday restaurant - do we need to?

If you have a particular restaurant in mind, yes, book it. If you are prepared to take your chances you will get in somewhere*.

* Don't try this during the Olympics though!

Kent
Level Contributor
2,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Saturday & Sunday restaurant - do we need to?

Many thanks wirewiper. We quite like going somewhere on spec depending on our mood so may take a chance. I was just concerned that we may not find anywhere on a Saturday evening if we just walk in. I'll think on it for a day or so.

Is there anywhere that stands out from the others that may be worth a go?

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
16,890 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking Saturday & Sunday restaurant - do we need to?

You're not far from Rossini's which I tried recently and really liked, here are the TA reviews (mine is at the top):

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g190817-d7…

If you don't book, I'd at least recommend phoning early evening to see if/when they have a table free.

Kent
Level Contributor
2,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking Saturday & Sunday restaurant - do we need to?

.......If you don't book, I'd at least recommend phoning early evening to see if/when they have a table free.

Good idea why didn't I think of that, DOH!

Will put Rossini on the list. Had a look at their website and like the look of the Moroccan dishes.

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking Saturday & Sunday restaurant - do we need to?

If you fancy Sunday lunch try the Pavilions green room restaurant. They do a good roast lunch with the best views of Weymouth beach and harbour.

Kent
Level Contributor
2,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking Saturday & Sunday restaurant - do we need to?

Many thanks will take a look. Any idea how they are during the week?

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking Saturday & Sunday restaurant - do we need to?

They are only open sunday lunchtimes and pre show evenings, I have been told that they will be open full time in the summer season every lunch and evening but not at the moment. No need to book only if you want a window seat

Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Level Contributor
228 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking Saturday & Sunday restaurant - do we need to?

For breakfasts you could always visit Wetherspoons (The Swan) or Yates in St Thomas Street. (They are opposite each other) their breakfasts are good value.

If you want fish and chips, try Fish & Fritz, (suggest you book them though on a Sat). or theMarlboro. These are both that end of town.

Do be aware though that Sat nights can be noisy in town with clubs, ,music, and we have special events on as part of cultural olympiad . This is great if you like clubbing, but could be noisy if you don't!

9. Re: Booking Saturday & Sunday restaurant - do we need to?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 04:45
Get answers to your questions about Weymouth