We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice pubs in Bude for Sunday roast and drinks

Exeter, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Nice pubs in Bude for Sunday roast and drinks

Can anyone let us know if there are any good pubs in Bude which do a nice Sunday carvery and is a place to relax for the rest of the day with a few drinks. Somewhere which is slightly modern and where we won't feel obliged to leave once we have eaten.

We are going for a friend's 40th birthday in March and are having trouble locating a good venue.

5 replies to this topic
Cornwall, United...
Level Contributor
140 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice pubs in Bude for Sunday roast and drinks

The Widemouth Manor at Widemouth Bay does a Sunday Lunch until 2pm.We often eat there and have never been rushed to leave.It is only a couple of miles from Bude along the coast road.

Carcassonne, France
Level Contributor
190 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice pubs in Bude for Sunday roast and drinks

Also in Widemouth is the widemouth bay view with nice views of the sea .

Friendly staff and good food and beers large terrace if the weather is good

Cornwall, United...
Level Contributor
140 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice pubs in Bude for Sunday roast and drinks

Yes the Bay View is lovely as well,not sure they do a Sunday roast.I am in Bude later this week will take a look around at the pubs.

Cornwall, United...
Level Contributor
140 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice pubs in Bude for Sunday roast and drinks

Had a look around in Bude,,The inn on the Green at Crooklets beach does a Sunday Roast and looks nice,also The Bencoolen Pub,Bencoolen Road,not been inside either of these places,If you want modern I still recommend The Widemouth Manor,it has fantastic views.I had the Sunday Roast there yesterday ,you can sit chatting there all day if you like,the Staff are very friendly.

Another restuarant that looks very good is Elements,on the coast road between Bude and Widemouth Bay,that is definitely modern and an Italian menu.

Bude Cornwall
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice pubs in Bude for Sunday roast and drinks

I know its too late for you now but The Crooklets Inn has changed and is much more modern and appealing now. They do a great sunday roast and there is lots of other choices besides. thoroughly recommend it.

Reply to: Nice pubs in Bude for Sunday roast and drinks
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bude
Recent Conversations