We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap place for sleep in Gateshead

Poland
1 post
Save Topic
cheap place for sleep in Gateshead

I am looking for cheap place for sleep for 2 person

between 27 and 30 of October 2005, Gateshead or close to Gateshead,

Someone can help me ?

Thanks in advance !

Greetings from Poland !

Dariusz

e-mail: impresariat@szczecin.home.pl

dariusz startek

ul. Tytusa 14 A / 1

72-006 Szczecin - Mierzyn

Poland

ph./fax: +48.91.4810169

England
Level Contributor
172 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheap place for sleep in Gateshead

Why Gateshead in particular? It's a mainly residentail area and some of it is pretty undesirable. You'd be just as well to stay in Newcastle centre, much more central for well everything really, and literally five minutes from Gateshead in a taxi.

If you insist upon Gateshead the two main hotels are the Hilton (right on the Quayside) and the Hilton (right next to the Metro Centre). Or the Ravensdene Lodge or the Tulip if you want to be close to the Team Valley (big industrial centre popular with business people but absoloutely nothing else there)

Let me know what you're after in gateshead and I'll help you better x

Gateshead
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: cheap place for sleep in Gateshead

I disagree-The Hilton is your best bet!Although Gateshead is multiply deprived and certain areas are in poverty-Gateshead has a fascinating history. It's library is one of the best, and what with the "Pathfinder", things are improving. It is a shame though, that the last of the old Bottlebank had to be demolished to make way for the Hilton. One of the pubs that stood there was over 100 years old!If it was in the South of England it would probably have been a listed building

Gateshead, Tyne...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: cheap place for sleep in Gateshead

Hi Dariusz,

I live in Gateshead and there a very nice hotel called the Waggon Team Lodge Inn which charges approx. ������������������45 per night per room, that is based on 2 sharing. Their telephone number is 0191 460 4107.

It is located on the A1 which is the main motorway through Gateshead and Newcastle. It is only 2 minutes drive from the Gateshead Metrocentre, the largest shopping mall in Europe and approx. 5-10 minutes drive into the centre of Newcastle. I would definitely recommend this hotel as it located near to everything.

Hope that helps

Lisa

Get answers to your questions about Gateshead