We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

california sands

norfolk
1 post
Save Topic
california sands

hi i have just got back from a weekend away at california sands and had the most horrible experiance of my life where the staff who was collecting the glasses of our tables in the club took my £300 phone of there and in her bag of rubbish and when i went 2 the staff to ask for help to find my phone and explained that the only ppl who came near tables was glass collecters they gave me attitude and treated me very badly at the end of night i waited for the music 2 stop and rang my phone to find it ringing in the cleaners rubbish bag and got it out and it was soaking wet and now does not work at all and the staff are refusing to pay for it and saying it wasnt them and didnt even apoligise so i asked them for the owners name and address so i can contact them and none of the staff would give it 2 me so if anyone knows what this is could u pls tell me asap and pls dont anyone go to stAY THERE very rude and treat guests badly!!

Essex
Level Contributor
26,726 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: california sands

Sorry about your 'phone, truly! Those kind of incidents are annoying but have you considered that accidents also happen??

Isn't it also possible that the phone just got knocked off the table into the rubbish bag?? I think there is certainly a good chance of this!

It is not wise to leave such valuable objects just lying around like that though - suspect you have learnt an expensive but useful lesson.

Frankly to accuse people of taking/stealing your stuff if they have not - I would meet that with some 'attitude' also.

Perhaps you can make a claim for it on your travel insurance, or maybe even on your house/contents insurance if you are lucky.

Otherwise, I am sure you will find a contact address for the California Sands on their website. If you write to them addressing it to the Manager, you should reach the person you need. However, you need to think carefully about the composition of your letter, wild accusations are not going to be likely to go down well, or to get you very far.

Broadland
Level Contributor
541 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: california sands

I think you were very restrained in your reply.

£300 'phone just left lying on the table, clearing glasses from the table......

California Sands can be quite a lively destination, likely to attract lots of youngsters out for a good time. When I read the OP, I couldn't help but wonder if there was some contributory negligence.

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,134 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: california sands

It appears that California Sands is owned/managed by Blue Riband Holidays, whose head office address is easy to find on the web:

Blue Riband House

Parklands

Hemsby

Norfolk NR29 4HA

As EW says think carefully about how you compose the letter. If the phone was left in a rubbish bag at the end of the night it clearly was not theft by the glass clearer; so I would assume unintentional.

Just wondering if as well as leaving your phone on the table if you also left punctuation there and that got thrown away!

Edited: 20 September 2011, 21:52
Norwich, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: california sands

Blue Riband holidays doesn't own or run california sands and only own one chalet on there. It is a completely different resort. You would find the owners couldn't be more accommodating If they tried!

west midlands
Level Contributor
183 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: california sands

i have a chalet on california sands

i find the owners very helpful in every way ,my holiday makers have great nights there ,sandra who owns the club is always on the ball

.negative comments like this is wrong ,i am sure if you spoke to sandra or the girls she would have sorted it out

Southend-on-Sea...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: california sands

Hi

I have 14 chalets on California Sands and I must point out that every chalet on the site is privately owned, some owners let their chalets out, some don't.

You were my customer at the time of this incident, your relative being one of my regulars.

I was there at the time of the incident and I'm afraid to say, if you hadn't have lost your temper and started being abusive yourself, then things may have been different.

There was a quite a bit of stuff on your table, I seem to remember, glasses, crisp packets, etc. etc. why leave an expensive phone sitting on there as well? Why did you not keep it in your handbag? It would have only needed a beer glass to be knocked over and the phone would have been ruined anyway.

The chalet owners are ordinary people, like me, trying to earn a living, so please don't tell people not to stay on the site, because of what happened to you, the club is nothing to do with any of the chalet owners, so why try and put people off holidaying there? Sandra in the club, is actually one of the nicest people you could meet, same as her staff.

Kent
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: california sands

trying to get a chalet on the site to hire on the 11th aug, we being there many times and love it, may been your chalets so please contact me if you can

Southend-on-Sea...
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: california sands

I can't really reply properly to your message and the site rules say, "no advertising and no soliciting".

Edited: 28 April 2012, 23:51
Kent
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: california sands

dame is there no other way of me finding you

Southend-on-Sea...
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: california sands

The answer lies in google maps.

You already know the name of the road, California Road, Great Yarmouth.

Study the map.

Get answers to your questions about Great Yarmouth
More Great Yarmouth Topics