We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport carparkz luton - any experiences?

London, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
airport carparkz luton - any experiences?

Hi there, I've found one bad experience from 2006 and wondered if anyone has used this company to valet park their car at Luton?

Many thanks

Oops, just seen a more review and it's not pretty! Need to look again so if anyone has any recommendations I'd be most grateful...

Edited: 12 August 2010, 23:14
London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: airport carparkz luton - any experiences?

Do not use Airport Carparks!! Customer service does not exist. Their administration is shocking! They lost my car (because someone there decided I was coming back a day later so they couldnt locate it in the car park). I had to search the vast car park on my own in the dark (very bad lighting in the car park - I wonder why with all the damage reports) in order to find my car - I was not the only one there were 5 others with me searching the car park for their own cars!

In addition there is no system for boarding the tiny buses (only hold approx 20 people) so had to wait for three buses to come before boarding. As there was no system people were pushing and shoving to get on so they didnt miss their flights and I saw families with small children being seperated or jostled - a terrible experience for them I would imagine. Honestly how hard is it to allocate a ticket or code to everyone to ensure people board in order of arrival, plus lay on more or bigger buses.

Suffice to say I will NEVER use them again plus I have told everyone I know NEVER to use them!!

Edited: 24 November 2011, 14:26
London
Level Contributor
1 post
344 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: airport carparkz luton - any experiences?

I left my car here on 31st October for 1 night as I had a quick trip to Paris. When I arrived to collect my car, I noticed my key was not there,yet everybody else's was. I then noticed a bit of whispering going on, and 2 guys went off, and suddenly appeared with my car, then when one got out he left something in my front seat, went running back to get it and walked off. When I got back in my car, both seats (passenger too) had been adjusted (pushed far back), I left all my heating on full, I noticed all my air con settings were changed and were on cold (something I never do), and half of my petrol was gone as my car tells me my milage, and £8 of coins which i keep in the car was gone. I immediately rang them and spoke to a woman who said they would have only driven my car across the car park. I said well if thats the case, why is money missing, half my petrol, my air con all switched on, when I leave it on hot all the time, just to drive across a car park and BOTH my seats pushed far back? They could not answer. It was clear to me a couple of the lads had taken or used my new Merc for a jolly on the saturday night. I was livid. I would NEVER USE THE DISHONEST SWINES AGAIN! She just keep saying they only drive it across the car park, takes 2 men to do that does it? No way. DO NOT USE THEM.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: airport carparkz luton - any experiences?

Used them last week, not happy at all.

They lost my car and had to wait until all the staff went to look for it.

The lady receptionist is arrogant and has no customer service, she even started a argument with me.

Stayed 1 day and been charged 2 days.

Never again.

14. Re: airport carparkz luton - any experiences?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 January 2012, 00:05
UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: airport carparkz luton - any experiences?

I have just returned from a great trip to Paris. I used Airparks for Luton airport; very happy with the service I received, my car was just as I left it, and the key collection system is very efficient. The only thing was a short wait for the shuttle bus on my return, in a snowy airport carpark! For an extra fee you can have your car dropped off at the airport for you, but I was happy to get on the warm bus. I would use them again, plus I got it really cheap as I booked online a week or so before :)

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: airport carparkz luton - any experiences?

Used this service end of feb 2012. Service to airport and back was fine...However, on my return found that an expensive Zippo lighter had been taken from a closed glove compartment... I understand that these things happen and thought i'd attempt to notify this company about the theft, not because I thought they would be able to do anything about it, but, if I were the manager I'd like to know that one of my staff were dishonest..However..they do not want to know..will not reply to calls or emails..manager (Will) simply refuses to take my call, girl on the phone just chants the mantra that 'we are not responsible..blah..blah..

This outfit is a shower of the preverbial, have a thief working for them and do not care...You have been warned..!!!

luton
Destination Expert
for Luton
Level Contributor
2,135 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: airport carparkz luton - any experiences?

i cannot comment on individual companies but living in luton there are large areas of waste ground that suddenly become very packed with cars overnight

when i say packed i mean real tight

after seeing these places with my own eyes i wouldnt trust them with a kids scooter

a lot of people park in residential areas then get a taxi to the airport ==> approx £6-10, i know this because people do it outside my house from time to time

If i did have to drive to an airport I would rather park and secure my own vehicle

any info require on luton PM me

cheers tony

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
4 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: airport carparkz luton - any experiences?

Avoid Avoid Avoid!!!!

Our car had been damaged during its stay. When pointed out they got aggressive. I wish I'd seen their bad reviews all over the internet before booking with them. Their shuttle buses are shabby as are their offices and staff.

You have been warned.................

19. Re: airport carparkz luton - any experiences?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 08:52
Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: airport carparkz luton - any experiences?

Luton Airport Parkway station has CCTV and, possibly manned 24 hours. £31 per week. Bus is £1.50 each way and frequent.