We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quite a few questions! Airports/car hire/ things to do.....

Bexhill-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
68 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Quite a few questions! Airports/car hire/ things to do.....

Hello!!

I've been offered the use of an apartment here and as we have never been to this part of Spain before I just have a few questions!

We are looking at going in the school holidays in July.

Which is the best airport to fly into.... Murcia or Alicante??

Transfers... Would I be better off booking a car for the duration of our stay or just getting a bus??

Things to do.. I will be travelling with two young children aged 6 and 1, is there plenty of things to do withing walking distance or again would a hire car be better??? (Local zoos, water parks etc)

Any other information would be grately appreciated as this has come up quite unexpectedly.

Thank you all!

Playa Flamenca...
Level Contributor
4,957 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quite a few questions! Airports/car hire/ things to do.....

I would say that you need to hire a car going by the places you would like to visit also what part of Cabo Roig will you be staying at as the beach might not be walkable distance.

Murcia airport is 25mins drive and Alicante 50min drive, not all flights from the U.K airports fly to Murcia so you might have to use Alicante.

Cabo Roig has an area called the strip which has bars and restaurants and usually in the summer months a little amusement area with small rides is put up.

Public transport isn't very good and for this reason a car is essential if you are wanting to visit other places and attractions.

If you tell me where about the property is I can tell you if you are close enough to walk to the strip & beach.

Bexhill-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
68 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quite a few questions! Airports/car hire/ things to do.....

Hi, thank you so much for replying, I am not sure exactly where it is in Cabo Roig as I have only been offered it today, all I know is that it is approximately a 5 minute walk to the beach. I think we are probably going to fly into Alicante! I am just hoping it is not too far away from everything so that we hae enough to do with the children! :)

Playa Flamenca...
Level Contributor
4,957 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quite a few questions! Airports/car hire/ things to do.....

If it is only a 5 min walk to the beach then it should be close to the strip of bars & restaurants so you will be able to walk for your evening meals if you want to eat out.

4. Re: Quite a few questions! Airports/car hire/ things to do.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2015, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Cabo Roig
Recent Conversations