We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gofjords Preikestolen ferry and bus combo

Cardiff
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Gofjords Preikestolen ferry and bus combo

Hi there. I’ve searched these pages but can only find out of date references so here goes.

The ferry and bus return combo on gofjords website is 350 nok. Is that the cheapest way of doing a return trip from Stavanger these days? I’ll be going on August 25th.

Thanks

Chris

Mentioned in this post
Stavanger
Stavanger
Stavanger Municipality, Norway
4 replies to this topic
Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gofjords Preikestolen ferry and bus combo

Cheapest is public transport Kolumbus. Really no need for a provider in the middle.

https://www.kolumbus.no/en/travelplanner/

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
32,277 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gofjords Preikestolen ferry and bus combo

Yes, that would be the cheapest unless you are a group sharing a car rental. Try Gomore.

Charmouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,702 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Gofjords Preikestolen ferry and bus combo

GoFjords is a new company formed by Tide and Norled transport companies. There is no 'provider in the middle' and GoFjords web site explains the whole excursion. NOK350 return is a bargain price anyway.

Gandhidham, India
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gofjords Preikestolen ferry and bus combo

I might be wrong, but I found a cheaper option online: Boreal Bus Round Trip tickets from Tau to Pulpit Rock are available for 210 NOK on the Pulpit Rock website. Adding 120 NOK for the ferry tickets, it works out to 330 NOK round trip. I also found the Boreal schedule to be much more flexible than the Tide bus schedules.

Mentioned in this post
Pulpit Rock
Pulpit Rock
2,541 Reviews
Stavanger, Norway
Reply to: Gofjords Preikestolen ferry and bus combo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted