We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused About Spanish Riding School Seating

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
39 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Confused About Spanish Riding School Seating

I have read posts about the best seats for a performance. I have not been able to find a seating chart on their website. I don't want to spend $200 a ticket so the first row of the royal box is out. I am leaning towards the long gallerie but want to know if there is more than one row of seating in the gallerie as it doesn't indicate on the chart. If there is more than one row, am I better off buying tickets in the 2nd or 3rd row of the parterreloge or the second row of the royal box instead? We are going to the May 13, 2007 performance but I noticed that one category is already sold out so I want to buy the tickets this week. One more question, Rory suggested faxing the order instead. If I do that, do I need to give them my credit card number on the order and when do you pick up the tickets at the box office. Thanks for any help.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
39 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confused About Spanish Riding School Seating

Sorry, Roley, I should have spell checked before submitting my post and noticed I wrote Rory.

Oxford, UK
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Confused About Spanish Riding School Seating

When making your order via fax, I think you do need to quote your credit card number. You won't be charged till you collect your tickets and pay but they need it to guarantee the booking. I usually place my orders via fax. Check the terms and conditions on the school website, www.srs.at (under the programme menu)

Here is the seating plan

https:/…SpanischeHRS_2005.gif

There are two rows of seats in the long gallery - but one is on the second balcony (second galerie, green dots on the plan), which is much higher up with not such a good view - but quite a bit cheaper. The first row (red dots on the plan) is better for seeing, and I like to sit near the middle (seats 20-40 or 120-140 ish in the First Galerie) They may not let you specify seat numbers when placing your order via fax but you could give it a try!

I like sitting all over. 2nd or 3rd row of the Parterreloge is nice and close to the horses so you get a lovely close view at times (and sometimes a faceful of dirt!) The first galerie gives you a good overall view of the action which I like and can be good if you want to study the technical aspects. The 2nd row of the Royal box I don't like quite so much ... but the first row there gives a really glorious view of the performance, for a special treat. Ahem. For the frequent attender, you understand. It is hard to get tix for the first row of the Royal Box, btw - they are often reserved for special guests.

I think you would enjoy the performance either from the 2nd or 3rd row of the Parterre or the First Galerie ... I would sort of incline to the Parterre because it feels close to the action, if that is what you like.

Hope that helps!

Rol

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
39 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Confused About Spanish Riding School Seating

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your help. And the picture of the seating plan helped clarify things. I think I'll get tickets for the first gallery as I like being able to see the whole peformance plus the tickets being cheaper.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
39 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Confused About Spanish Riding School Seating

I just wanted to update that I followed Roley's advice and booked the first gallery longside. I requested the seat numbers that he gave me in the middle of the row. I did this by e-mail and received a very prompt response to some questions that I had and then a very prompt ticket confirmation. Unfortunately, it doesn''t specify where my seats are located so I'll hope that I get the ones in the middle of the row. I didn't have to give my credit card information and will pay for them when I pick them up at the box office. Thank you again for all of your help.

5. Re: Confused About Spanish Riding School Seating

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 00:50