We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train,bus or rent a car from Vienna airport to Prague???

Athens, Greece
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
train,bus or rent a car from Vienna airport to Prague???

we are a couple and we are planning to visit Prague for 4 days and then back to Vienna.It is better to rent a car from Vienna airport and drive to Prague were i can have parking in the hotel or use the public transportation (train or bus)??

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
20,121 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: train,bus or rent a car from Vienna airport to Prague???

Take the bus (www.studentagency.eu) directly from the airport! If departure times aren't convenient you can also rely on an other bus line (www.westbus.at) whose buses leave from the Vienna International Bus Terminal in Wien-Erdberg though. Train (www.oebb.at) is also an option for which you need to get to Wien-Meidling Station (by airport bus). Rental car does not make sense (in my opinion) as there is no use for it in Prague. And you also pay for the car while parked in the garage.

Edited: 23 September 2012, 18:22
Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,224 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: train,bus or rent a car from Vienna airport to Prague???

I second the above - they put on the most modern buses with all the trimmings from Vienna airport to Prague and a car would not only be useless in Prague, but also extremely expensive, if you can find anywhere to park it at all.

3. Re: train,bus or rent a car from Vienna airport to Prague???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2013, 15:45