We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to go to around Vienna...

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
66 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
How to go to around Vienna...

Hello!

I plan to go to Vienna April 9-11/ 2012; My hotel is Hilton Vienna. Could you please tell me which type of transportation (tram, subway...) to go to Central Cemetery (Zentralfriedhof), and Mozart, Monument... from Hilton hotel Am Stadtpark 1030 Vienna, Österreich. Is Strauss monument is nearby Mozart monument ?.

Thanks

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
13,829 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: How to go to around Vienna...

Which tour?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
66 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: How to go to around Vienna...

Thank all of you, I found them by your instructions

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
66 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: How to go to around Vienna...

Thank you all. On Tues. 10 April 2012 noon time (temperature was around 3...5oC), I went to both cemetaries in Vienna, by bus 74A; and with Tram 71 (I asked a person who told me how to go to Tram 71 from a intersection near the St. Marx fridhof). I did not know that I had to push a button on the door of the tram, so I could not get off at "Tor 2 -gate 2". (The doors of buses or light rail cars in America automatically open as they stopped!.). As I got off at Tor 3 (Gate 3), an Austrian lady told me try to take the tram back there (Gate 2). Then I walked back to Gate 2 (about 5 min. walking). And I found some musicans'graves there, according the map. Thanks be to God, we had 2.5 days with sunshine weather, so my photos looked beautifully. My friend and I also took Danube cruise, by taking U4, near our Hilton Vienna hotel (Stadtpark); We also walked to see Mozart monument in Burgartten, and St. Stephen cathedral. The rest of major sightseeings in Vienna was included our tour: Schonbrunn, Hofburg Palace. Please see Vienna, Austria Album: http://www.flickr.com/photos/14479765@N03/sets/72157629820989439/

Edited: 25 April 2012, 03:11
ohio
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: How to go to around Vienna...

thdo-I couldn't get your link to work

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
66 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: How to go to around Vienna...

Please go to www.flickr.com, my user name "th51". Enjoy!. thdo

16. Re: How to go to around Vienna...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2013, 14:47