We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic things to do in vienna??any tips

uk
4 posts
2 reviews
Romantic things to do in vienna??any tips

Members

What would you recommend on doing in Vienna for a romantic summer evening??? Boat cruise, dinner etc etc

I am going in August

Thanks

vienna
Level Contributor
192 posts
1. Re: Romantic things to do in vienna??any tips

Depends on what you consider romantic.

one idea - 2 glasses a bottle of chanpagne - a fiaker ride while you enjoy the sights and drink-

end the ride at the hotel orient - the most famous hotel to rent rooms by the hour - I think 2 hours - nice room 50-60 euro - or a suite for the night - weekend specials about 160 euro with chanpagne breakfast .

This is really a nice hotel with varied often celebrity clients.

www.hotelorient.at

or

a romantic enening dinner at Do and Co over looking the square at Stephansdom.

Or time at the Summerstage cafe with music along the Danube Canal.

Outdoor enjoyment in a lively atmosphere.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
18,607 posts
105 reviews
2. Re: Romantic things to do in vienna??any tips

Not sure about finishing at the Orient. I'm sure it's a great hotel if you want to rent a room for an illicit liaison for three hours (which would cost more like 57 to 85 euros) which is what it built its reputation on. But if you want to stay overnight I'm sure there are better choices for €160. The Orient has a reputation of being "faded grandeur" now and I'm sure the themed rooms, which at one time would have seemed quite extravagent, now would only seem a bit outdated. It doesn't seem to be reviewed on TA, probably because most people daren't admit to having stayed, but a review I saw last year in a travel article said it was a bit threadbare. But if anyone knows from personal experience.......

vienna
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
3. Re: Romantic things to do in vienna??any tips

Norman- " Illicit Liaison " in Vienna? even the former police chief has visited worse places-

The Orient- still a favorite place- I formerly lived not far from there and walked my dog toward the danube canal passing this hotel very early in the morning.

Not surpringly, recognized many famous faces departing before the city awakes.

In summer - romantic evening- everyone enjoys something different.

One idea

The champagne or sparkling wine sounds good to me- perhaps in a nice park like the Volksgarten- near to the fountain and flowers- then a short walk to the Vestibul Restaurant at the Burgtheater for nice dining in great surroundings in their outdoor garden area- views of the Rathaus ( City Hall ) life on the Ringstrasse-- later some good music ( for free - you spent all your money on the evening dining) at the Rathaus giant screen with many other music lovers of all ages - a romantic walk back to hotel admiring the lighted buildings along parts of the Ringstrasse or window shopping on Kohlmarkt for a special gift from one of the fine shops- even a ring ?

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
18,607 posts
105 reviews
4. Re: Romantic things to do in vienna??any tips

But were they departing with their wives.............?

vienna
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
5. Re: Romantic things to do in vienna??any tips

In Vienna ? never !

some appear to be with their daughters as much age difference.

6. Re: Romantic things to do in vienna??any tips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 12:48