We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

waiting for bus that leaves at 2 a.m

1 post
waiting for bus that leaves at 2 a.m
Save

Hi,

I am traveling to Vienna soon and my bus for returning home is at 2 a.m.

Is Vienna Erdberg bus station safe during late night?

What can I do or visit while I wait for the bus?

3 replies to this topic
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
37,928 posts
91 reviews
70 helpful votes
1. Re: waiting for bus that leaves at 2 a.m
Save

it is not clear as to what you are doing or where you are trying to get to...but if you are waiting for a bus to an unknown destination that departs at 0200, you will just have to sit and wait...with a good book. rest of city will be closed. but i would imagine that it is a safe as any other bus station, with others possibly waiting too.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
32,735 posts
27 reviews
167 helpful votes
2. Re: waiting for bus that leaves at 2 a.m
Save

Vienna's international bus station is an embarrassment, just a parking lot and few containers under an expressway overpass.

Because of that it is not a place to hang out in a comfortable manner, which is why I would go there rather late.

In the past I recommended to kill time at McDonalds at Stephansplatz, which used to be open until 2am, but keep in mind that subways stop running around midnight from Sunday - Thursday, but run throughout the night on Fridays & Saturdays.

London, United...
Level Contributor
265 posts
394 reviews
303 helpful votes
3. Re: waiting for bus that leaves at 2 a.m
Save

I'd find a nice 4 or 5 star hotel and wait there. Grab a drink at the bar or lounge till they close around 11pm, midnight. If you ask nicely the staff will probably let you stay in the lobby area, at a sofa, until 2am.

Reply to: waiting for bus that leaves at 2 a.m
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.