We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to get from Melia Hotel to Wienstaatsoper?

how to get from Melia Hotel to Wienstaatsoper?

Is it safe to walk? if i need to take the metro do you buy tickets at the desk or are there machines?

4 replies to this topic
Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,911 posts
131 reviews
1. Re: how to get from Melia Hotel to Wienstaatsoper?

It's safe to walk but will take you about an hour. Take the ubahn (U1) from the closest stop, which looks like Kaisermühlen VIC, in the direction of Reumannplatz. Get off at Karlsplatz and exit the ubahn station using the exit for the opera.

Buy tickets from the machine before getting on the ubhan. If you buy a single journey ticket or 24/72 hour pass, make sure you get it validated in the blue box when entering the area for the ubhan.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
46 reviews
2. Re: how to get from Melia Hotel to Wienstaatsoper?

A long walk and not very interesting. If it's a special night out, I would get the hotel to book you a taxi, both ways.

Walking and the U-bahn in Vienna are safe, so KimBux suggestion is also fine.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
18,635 posts
105 reviews
3. Re: how to get from Melia Hotel to Wienstaatsoper?

Your hotel, whilst spectacular, is not in an area with many sights. Because of this you will use the subway and public transport a lot. For that reason I’d buy a pass to cover the full duration of your stay.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
27,232 posts
29 reviews
4. Re: how to get from Melia Hotel to Wienstaatsoper?

It is recommended to check the location of a hotel and the geography of a city, for instance by using Google Maps, in order to get a feeling for areas and distances.

maps.google.com

As mentioned above, you cannot walk all the way from this hotel to Karlsplatz, at least it does not make any sense.

Considering that you will have to take public transport each day of your stay, buying a transport pass will definitely pay off.

www.wienerlinien.at

Reply to: how to get from Melia Hotel to Wienstaatsoper?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted