We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stay overnight at vienna airport ?

1 post
Save Topic
stay overnight at vienna airport ?

I have a flight at 6 am from vienna to tel aviv Im a solo budget traveler so Im thinking to go to the airport at 11 pm the day before using public transportation and stay overnight in the airport

is there a places to rest "not necessary sleep" before passing through security to the gates area

and if i checked in online can i go through security to the gates area 6 hours before my departure

4 replies to this topic
Linz, Austria
Level Contributor
2,948 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: stay overnight at vienna airport ?

https:/…vienna.htm

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
26,025 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: stay overnight at vienna airport ?

Before airport security ("landside area") there are few places to sit down or even lay down. You would have to pass through airport security because in the concourses there is much more seating.

www.viennaairport.com

Edited: 06 August 2018, 22:26
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
37,749 posts
626 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: stay overnight at vienna airport ?

"The airport can be noisy with announcements, so bring a blanket and ear plugs or noise cancelling headphones."

Just keep the above in mind based on link provided by Treefinger.

If it is just you then this is a good way to go staying at the airport to save money in your time frame.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
17,705 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: stay overnight at vienna airport ?

Often you are not allowed to stay in the post security areas overnight and have to move back and go through security again in the morning. Security areas obviously have to be locked at night to prevent somebody entering and hiding something of use to attack a plane.

Reply to: stay overnight at vienna airport ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted