We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving Dinner?

East Coast
Level Contributor
361 posts
47 reviews
Thanksgiving Dinner?

Does anyone have a suggestion for a restaurant that might have a good, homey atmosphere

for Thanksgiving? I don't expect that we will find turkey and the trimmings, but something that

might vaguely approach that would be great. TIA.

8 replies to this topic
Vienna
Level Contributor
6,923 posts
73 reviews
1. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner?

Thanksgiving turkey tradition does not exist here - check Ofenloch restaurant.

Edited: 05 August 2018, 11:26
Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
2,783 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner?

Due to a significant American expat population, Vienna does have quite a few choices for a Thanksgiving meal - and a decent one at that! (The previous poster is obviously not clued in to that community). In addition to those listed the the article below, I can also recommend 1516 Restaurant. Of those listed, I would recommend the Beaver Brewing Company or the Democrats Abroad dinner.

https:/…

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
27,199 posts
29 reviews
3. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner?

As mentioned, Thanksgiving has no tradition here, but if you nonetheless want to celebrate it, then the expat community might indeed be the place to go....

East Coast
Level Contributor
361 posts
47 reviews
4. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner?

Thanks, all. Upon reflection, I am wondering if we might be better off finding a restaurant with a cozy,

holiday feeling and not be fussed over finding American turkey and side dish menus. Any thoughts of

a venue like that? Maybe a fireplace, goose or game and a warm atmosphere?

Vienna, Austria
1 post
5. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner?

sure....

www.andante.at. Great Thanksgiving Dinner... fire-roasted turkey (green egg!) Family style!

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
18,628 posts
105 reviews
6. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner?

I suppose being a Brit I don’t really understand how big Thanksgiving must be in America. But I can’t help thinking that as you’ve decided to spend the holiday in Austria rather than the States would it not be possible to forget Thanksgiving for once and go out for a nice Austrian meal instead?

East Coast
Level Contributor
361 posts
47 reviews
7. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner?

We have, indeed, made that decision and are having a goose dinner instead. But Thanksgiving is a very

big deal to us and trying to replicate that was the first inclination.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
18,628 posts
105 reviews
8. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner?

I’m sure you’ll enjoy the goose!

Reply to: Thanksgiving Dinner?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted