We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vienna, Prague, Budapest: How to travel from one to another

11 posts
Vienna, Prague, Budapest: How to travel from one to another

Hello! I am a 20 year old American student studying abroad in London this fall. I have a 10 day fall break and am planning on trying to hit a few destinations. I will be traveling in the third week of October. Right now I am thinking I will fly into Vienna on a friday afternoon, travel to Prague that Monday (I have friends studying there) and then going to Budapest that Friday til Sunday night. I am planning on flying LHR to VIE and then BUD to LHR via british airlines. My primary question is this: transportation from Vienna to Prague and then Prague to Budapest. I think that taking a train or bus is more cost effective so I am wondering if anyone has had experience traveling/booking any legs of this type of transportation and if so, could they please direct me to a source to buy the tickets! Any advice would be greatly appreciated, this fall will be my first time traveling solo (though i'm trying to convince my Prague friends to join me each of the weekends)!

Thanks much! I will be posting this on the forums for the other two cities as well.

Caroline

2 replies to this topic
Vienna
Level Contributor
6,908 posts
73 reviews
1. Re: Vienna, Prague, Budapest: How to travel from one to another

Train - www.oebb.at and then from Prague Czech Railways to Budapest or a cheap flight.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
27,156 posts
29 reviews
2. Re: Vienna, Prague, Budapest: How to travel from one to another

Please make also use of the forum's search function because advice on how to travel between these popular cities by train and bus has been asked and answered a million times by now! Thanks

www.oebb.at/en

www.cd.cz/eshop

www.regiojet.at

www.flixbus.de

Reply to: Vienna, Prague, Budapest: How to travel from one to another
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted