We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ritz Carlton or Imperial Hotel?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Topic
Ritz Carlton or Imperial Hotel?

Hi all. I like modern or more contemporary rooms as opposed to ornate style. Therefore I gravitated towards Ritz Carlton. I will be staying 3 nights.

Will I be really missing out on authentic Viennese experience by not staying at Imperial that has a historical significance? Well, not to be nitpicky, you don’t have to twist my arm to stay in a grand hotel. But then there is “grand” and then there is “musty dated grand” . Is Imperial worth the hoopla? Ritz & Imperial are more or less similarly priced. But love Ritz rooms. Thanks

6 replies to this topic
Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
17,949 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ritz Carlton or Imperial Hotel?

If contemporary is what you like then that's what I'd go for. You don't actually benefit from the history whilst sleeping or taking a shower,

Vienna
Level Contributor
6,485 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ritz Carlton or Imperial Hotel?

Imperial is unique tradition and style.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ritz Carlton or Imperial Hotel?

Thanks. I think I’m gonna go with a Imperial based on grandness, Viennese authenticity, & customer service reviews that’s seems to be in all awesome even by travelers who prefer more modern interior style.

Edited: 04 August 2018, 01:37
Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
17,949 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ritz Carlton or Imperial Hotel?

You’d get excellent service at the Ritz Carlton too, but I agree the Imperial will be a unique experience though definitely not contemporary which I mistakenly thought was important to you.

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
1,257 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ritz Carlton or Imperial Hotel?

Go for the Ritz.

To get a whiff of the historic style just walk over to the Imperial and take the royal staircase to the first floor, then have a drink in their lounge/bar - done.

In the Imperial rooms start to become impressive if you go for Junior Suites or higher. Their Standard rooms are pretty much standard.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ritz Carlton or Imperial Hotel?

Thanks. I definitely prefer contemporary more modern interiors but There are many ritz Carltons all over the world but there is only one Imperial Hotel Vienna. That swings my decision.

Reply to: Ritz Carlton or Imperial Hotel?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted