We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Landing at Vienna Airport - How Long?

Ramat Gan, Israel
2 posts
Save Topic
Landing at Vienna Airport - How Long?

Hi Everyone,

I will be landing at Vienna Airport on August 9 at 21:25 (Austrian Airlines flight from Tel Aviv). Assuming the flight lands on time, how long does it take to go through passport control and picking up baggage? I own a EU passport but my companion is doesn't so we must take it into account (as it will probably take longer for my companion). Will we manage to catch the 22:18 S7 train to Wien Mitte or am I too optimistic?

Thank you all in advance :)

6 replies to this topic
Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
17,980 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Landing at Vienna Airport - How Long?

You probably will be OK. Where are you heading to?

Ramat Gan, Israel
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Landing at Vienna Airport - How Long?

Thank you for the quick response. We're staying in Vienna but at it is rather late we would rather get to the hotel as fast as possible, knowing trains and underground services would probably be less frequent.

Vienna
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Landing at Vienna Airport - How Long?

Hello

If you miss that one you have one S7 half an hour later - 22:48 horas, and the journey till Wien Mitte/Landstrasse takes 25 minutes.

Depending on the underground you have to take later you should consider where to drop off

- Wien Mtite/Landstrasse: underground U-3, U-4

- Wien Praterstern (1 stop later) - undergergound U-1 and U-2

- Wien Handelskai - later - underground U-6.

You find the timetable for public transport at: www.wienerlinien.at

Best regards, Beatriz

Edited: 02 August 2018, 20:25
Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
17,980 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Landing at Vienna Airport - How Long?

I meant where exactly are you staying in case the S7 isn't your most convenient transfer!

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
26,479 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Landing at Vienna Airport - How Long?

Yes, it would help to know where exactly the OP will stay because there are also other ways into Vienna you may want to consider (instead of the local airport train S7).

Ramat Gan, Israel
Level Contributor
14 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Landing at Vienna Airport - How Long?

Sorry for my late response. I am heading to a hotel not far from the Schönbrunn Palace. I was told to take U4 from Wien Mitte to Meidling Hauptstraße. Theae were the directions stated on the Hotel's Website. The Hotel's name is Renaissance Wien Hotel.

Reply to: Landing at Vienna Airport - How Long?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted