We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

review my packed itinerary, uber or public transport ?

CA
Level Contributor
67 posts
3 reviews
review my packed itinerary, uber or public transport ?

I am arriving Wed 1:30 to Wien Hauptbahnhof rail station. Say, by 2:30 I am ready to sightsee. Got the 2 day Vienna pass, planning to do:

Wed (all below are close by, walkable):

Hofburg Palace

Imperial Treasury

Albertina Museum

Cathdral

Thurs (in that order, as dictated by closing times):

Schonbrunn

Belvedere

City Cruise

Kunst Museum

Danube Tower

I know it's hectic, but probably doable.

Should I bank on public transport (24/48 hr duration), or Uber ?

13 replies to this topic
Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
18,421 posts
104 reviews
1. Re: review my packed itinerary, uber or public transport ?

You are trying to do too much. Perhaps skip the cruise as it has bad reviews and maybe the Danube Tower too. Public transport will be quicker and cheaper than Uber. Good luck.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: review my packed itinerary, uber or public transport ?

The cruise and the Danube tower are both wastes of money. The river in Vienna is not scenic and the DT is very far from the center and not that exciting.

Edited: 02 August 2018, 12:01
Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
14 reviews
3. Re: review my packed itinerary, uber or public transport ?

What Norman and Cherries said. Also, public transport is perfectly. And you will hardly need it except to get to and from Schönbrunn and Belvedere - depending on where you are staying, of course.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
18,421 posts
104 reviews
4. Re: review my packed itinerary, uber or public transport ?

I realise the money isn’t a consideration with the pass, but there are many other things included on the pass that are more worthy of your limited time.

CA
Level Contributor
67 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: review my packed itinerary, uber or public transport ?

danube tower out then. boat cruise I can do in salzburg too, a different kind though.

CA
Level Contributor
67 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: review my packed itinerary, uber or public transport ?

there are many other things included on the pass that are more worthy of your limited time

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

what would those be ?

Edited: 03 August 2018, 08:24
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
40,382 posts
660 reviews
7. Re: review my packed itinerary, uber or public transport ?

That is wayy too much in your time frame especially if your arrival on day 1 at 1:30 pm is your day 1.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
18,421 posts
104 reviews
8. Re: review my packed itinerary, uber or public transport ?

Look at what's available and choose what interests you. We can't do all that for you especially as we don't know what you like or may have seen in other cities.

Winchester, Virginia
Level Contributor
73 posts
937 reviews
9. Re: review my packed itinerary, uber or public transport ?

Just got back. Bought the day pass for metro and used it a lot. Still did a lot of walking but was great to sit and rest a bit when going to the next destination. Note: be sure and validate your ticket ONCE the first time you use it and don't put it in a machine again as this will invalidate it. You will see the machines as you enter. They do spot checks, we saw one person get checked coming out of the station, ticket was either no good or invalidated or something but all we heard was "FINE" from the person in uniform checking.

CA
Level Contributor
67 posts
3 reviews
10. Re: review my packed itinerary, uber or public transport ?

thursday, i want to do schonbrunn, belvedere, kunst museum. my hotel is near wien hauptbahnhof (so close to belvedere). earlier thinking was to do schonbrunn in the morning, then belvedere by 6, then kunst by 9 pm. but since kunst is besides SB, I would be going back and forth 4 times. i can cut out two back and forths by doing belvedere, schonbrunn, kunst. but then i am not visiting SB in the morning, meaning it would be very busy. should I do SB first or Belvedere first ?

Reply to: review my packed itinerary, uber or public transport ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted