We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport or Taxi?

Tiruchirappalli...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Public transport or Taxi?

I need to go from Schüttauplatz to Stadion (U2). I know the bus and subway routes but I will have to purchase individual tickets (I have a pass but it will expire by then). I guess it is €2,20 per head per journey. And we are 4 people. Is it more economical to just take a taxi (uber)? Which type of uber can accommodate big luggage (each of us is carrying one trolley and a backpack)?

5 replies to this topic
Vienna
Level Contributor
6,523 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transport or Taxi?

Public transport is EUR 2.40 per head. For 4 people with luggage you will need a van or two taxis.

Tiruchirappalli...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public transport or Taxi?

Salzburger67: From google, I found out that I can take 92A from Schüttauplatz to Donaustadtbrücke a d take the U2 line till Stadion. Where do I purchase bus tickets? Are they also €2,40 per head? If yes, that would mean the total ticket cost would be €2,40 x 2 x 4? Also, does uber X or uber black have a good amount of trunk space?

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
17,991 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public transport or Taxi?

Prices have just gone up. The cost is €2.40 per journey. It’s the same whether you change from bus to subway or even bus to subway to tram say. The total cost for the full journey is €2.40!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
39,028 posts
626 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public transport or Taxi?

Public transport is what I would choose.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
26,500 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Public transport or Taxi?

A ticket bought on board from the bus driver costs 2.60 EUR, but you can buy single tickets in advance at a subway station, either from a ticket vending machine (any time) or at a ticket window (check business hours), which then only cost 2.40 EUR.

Just ensure that you choose them for "later use" and not "immediate use"!

Upon boarding you need to stamp them once, when changing to any other means of transport you MUST NOT stamp them again because they are already validated.

A taxi won't be cheaper than four single tickets, although the difference in costs might actually be negligible.

Edited: 02 January 2018, 18:36
Reply to: Public transport or Taxi?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted