We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location and ease of access to public transportation

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
621 posts
254 reviews
Save Topic
Location and ease of access to public transportation

Hello Fellow Travelers, I hope you all had a pleasant New Year's celebration.

As part of a 10 to 12 day trip to tour and view Christmas markets, my wife and I have settled on flying into Vienna to start our holiday--- 5 or 6 nights Vienna, 2 nights Salzburg, and 5 nights Munich.

I have looked at hotels in Vienna and want your opinion of the Renaissance Wein's location = Ullmannstrasse 71 | Linke Wienzeile, Vienna 1150, Austria. It is across the street from Meidling Hauptstraße. I walk with a limp due to significant surgeries so getting to public transportation is imperative. As a Platinum Marriott Rewards member, I enjoy many perks. Your thoughts on this location would be greatly appreciated. Happy New Year's to all.

2 replies to this topic
Vienna
Level Contributor
5,347 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Location and ease of access to public transportation

It is across the road of U4 subway but it is a bit outside of center. There is a Marriot straight in the center as well.

London, United...
Level Contributor
530 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Location and ease of access to public transportation

If you want to be in easy walking distance, and close to public transport, I would forgo the Marriott perks and go for something more central. Anything on, or within the Ring will give you easy access to trams and U bahn stations. You could look at Hotel am Stephansdom or the König von Ungarn which could hardly be more central. There is a Marriott on the Parkring, but you would still need to take the U Bahn to get right into the centre, if this is too far for you to walk.

Most of the central area is pedestrianised although there are some mini Hopper buses which you might find useful.

Reply to: Location and ease of access to public transportation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted