We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekly Vienna transit tickets from Wed. To Wed.?

Boston...
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Weekly Vienna transit tickets from Wed. To Wed.?

The only information I can find on weekly transit tickets are for Mon. to Sunday. Is there one that goes for a week from the date of purchase?

7 replies to this topic
Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
18,392 posts
104 reviews
1. Re: Weekly Vienna transit tickets from Wed. To Wed.?

No, sadly there isn’t.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
26,913 posts
29 reviews
2. Re: Weekly Vienna transit tickets from Wed. To Wed.?

Unfortunately, weekly pases are only issued calendary weeks, no idea why they haven't changed that in the meantime.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
1,860 posts
194 reviews
3. Re: Weekly Vienna transit tickets from Wed. To Wed.?

From Wednesday until the end of its validity on Monday 9am, the weekly ticket will still be best value. But you'll need another ticket then.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
18,392 posts
104 reviews
4. Re: Weekly Vienna transit tickets from Wed. To Wed.?

If you do opt to get the weekly ticket, and Richard gives a great recommendation, then do it as soon as possible as part way through the week I think ticket machines switch to issuing the next week’s ticket.

Boston...
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Weekly Vienna transit tickets from Wed. To Wed.?

Many thanks, all. Makes no sense to me either why one can't buy a weekly ticket no matter what the day.

The place I'm staying (Porzellangasse) is maybe close enough to the Leopold, Altbertina & Kunsthistoriche museums that I could walk? Unless it's raining, I suppose. Looks like the Belvedere might be a hike. I'm visiting to take advantage of all the Klimt, Schiele, et al. centenary commemorative exhibitions.

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
2,053 posts
13 reviews
6. Re: Weekly Vienna transit tickets from Wed. To Wed.?

The weekly ticket is aimed at locals using it to get to work for a limited time. Therefore it is priced in line with month and year passes. If Wiener Linien change the rules to make the weekly ticket valid for one week from date of validation, you may rest assured that will be the exact time when the weekly ticket ceases to cost as little as the 72-hr-ticket.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
18,392 posts
104 reviews
7. Re: Weekly Vienna transit tickets from Wed. To Wed.?

It’s sad of me, but I always time my visit to coincide with the start of a weekly ticket. It represents brilliant value for me!

As for the workers, I doubt that many just work for the odd week. Surely most of them will buy monthly or, most likely, annual passes? So I’m not sure who the weekly ticket is aimed at.

Reply to: Weekly Vienna transit tickets from Wed. To Wed.?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted