We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYE in Vienna

6 posts
Save Topic
NYE in Vienna

Hello friends! Bought a last minute ticket to Vienna & will be arriving on Dec 31 around 19:00. Staying at Marriott (Prater/Messe). Would anybody be able to recommend a place to eat that’s walking distance from there (up to 20 min ok) & will still take reservations for NYE dinner (prob around 21:00)? My quick google search was unsuccessful 🙁 Another question - I know there is no skiing in Vienna, but is there anything in like 1.5 hrs away or so (if not to ski, then at least to hike/see the mountains)? Staying for 4 days but would rather not do too much traveling while I’m in Vienna. Thanks a lot in advance and Happy New Year, everyone!

Mentioned in this post
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
Prater
Prater
7,851 Reviews
Vienna, Austria
8 replies to this topic
Vienna
Level Contributor
6,115 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NYE in Vienna

Your hotel is not in a dinner area and you must take underground to center. Many places will be booked. You are close to Prater where there will be a NYE party:

http://www.wintermarkt.at/en/

Mentioned in this post
Prater
Prater
7,851 Reviews
Vienna, Austria
Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
17,513 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NYE in Vienna

The only way to find out which restaurants still have space is to call or email them. Sadly we can't do that on your behalf. In the centre you will at least find plenty of street food (and drink ) on NYE.

6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: NYE in Vienna

Thanks!

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
25,617 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NYE in Vienna

Yes, considering your late arrival time I would not start finding a restaurant but immediately go to the city center, grab a snack from a foodstand in order to get some energy and then join the celebrations.

And I presume you will come to Vienna for them, won't you?

Mentioned in this post
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: NYE in Vienna

Yes! Meeting some friends there & staying until Jan 4th. I actually managed to make a reservation at a resto not far from the hotel (at least that’s what I assumed with my very limited German), but if that doesn’t work out, I’ll be happy with street food 🙂

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
25,617 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NYE in Vienna

Great to hear that you could still get a table reservation! How did you find it? Just by glancing on Google Maps?

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
17,513 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: NYE in Vienna

Which restaurant in case others are struggling?

6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: NYE in Vienna

I spent hours looking at each resto within 20 min walk from the hotel until I found one that was open on NYE until 24:00 & it allowed me to do an online reservation. Now, I got an email confirmation but I’d still call them from the hotel to double check🙂 it’s called Zum Englischen Reuter, traditional Viennese food and all.

Reply to: NYE in Vienna
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted