We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant ideas Christmas with young Children in Salzburg

Fort Myers
Level Contributor
19 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant ideas Christmas with young Children in Salzburg

I am seeking restaurant recommendations for December 24th and December 25th in Salzburg. I will be dining with a 3 year old and a 1 year old. We would like something fun and festive, but also child-friendly.

We were considering the Mozart Dinner concert, but wondering if it is too elegant for the children. They are fairly well behaved at meals, but they are children. Is this the type of concert where they would likely be a disturbance to other guests or is it child friendly?

Any other ideas are appreciated. I have been on the Salzburg tourism website and it is helpful, but my only concern is whether or not the children would do well at each of the affairs.

We were considering the Amadeohotel Schaffernath for the 24th. Maybe the more casual restaurant at the Golderner Hirsch for the 25th. Also read an article about Hotel Schloss Monchstein Christmas dinner - sounded nice.

We are hoping to make it to midnight mass at the big cathedral, but not sure about distance from any restaurants.

Thank you for your ideas.

ohio
Level Contributor
1,393 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant ideas Christmas with young Children in Salzburg

travels,

Lucky you to be in Salzburg around Christmas.

I will comment on the Mozart Dinner concert. I was there last year and it was an elegant setting. There were a few children there and I was impressed that the performers played to and enthralled (the singers move around the tables) some of the younger guest, ages about 8, I would guess. That being said there was also a very young girl, probably two years old, that had to be taken out several times during the show.

It is a long evening for a little one and I don't think a nice Riesling, white linen table cloth and fancy courses served under silver cloches go well with a child who is unhappy. The exit doors are in the front of the room where the performers are so it is very obvious when they are opened.

I hope that helps you. If you like send me a PM and I will send some photos.

2. Re: Restaurant ideas Christmas with young Children in Salzburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2013, 14:47